on 12 February 2011
Howard Goodall's series is a fascinating and rather witty review of the development of the organ - I remember looking for it back in the late 90's, but for some reason it's only ever been released in the US (yes: region 1, NTSC capable systems only - go hack your machine). Still I'm glad I finally have it! It's definitely one for the organ enthusiast. Some interesting demonstrations of organs from different eras and regions and the different sounds they had. The only thing I would possibly have liked is if they had been able to throw in some extras (there are none).
on 1 January 2010
The received DVD caused a lot of Christmas disappointment. We waited to receive a Region 2 (UK) DVD, however the received version was NTSC encoded. On the back there was a picture of the globe with numbers 2,3,4,5 on the globe, and NTSC above. It does not work on a top quality UK DVD player
on 29 April 2012
I watched this program when it first came out on the TV and for many years wished it would be available on DVD, now it is. Great history of the organ till modern days.