on 12 August 2015
I was expecting this game to be a lot of fun and saved it for a garden party with friends... sadly the game doesn't work well. There are not enough cards to make it interesting and most of the time people made headlines that made no sense just to try and get more than two words. It also meant that both rounds were quickly over and we lost interest quickly.
on 21 August 2015
"Dismal Game Disappoints Buyer". Every headline we generated was either mildly surreal (but not funny), nonsense (but not funny) or just simply, I think you can guess, not funny. I am completely mystified by the high rated reviews here. Even spreading out the entire deck and hand-picking cards we couldn't generate a single combination that even raised a smile, let alone made us laugh. If you're a broad-minded adult then try Cards Against Humanity instead - that game has never failed to make us laugh! In summary, if the phrase "Man Bites Dog" itself doesn't make you laugh then nothing else in the box will. The only positive thing I can think to say is that at least everything was either cardboard or paper so we could put it straight in the recycling bin.
on 28 May 2015
Not as good or as fun as I had hoped, but I've only used this with students of English which may be part of the problem. I think you need to be a mother tongue English speaker, have a few drinks and some good friends around a table to really make the most of this.
on 17 May 2013
A simple but fun card game. Play with family - particularly grandparents for most amusement. I'd recommend at a low price.
on 13 September 2012
My son was given this as a gift and it has been a complete hit. We have since bought it for lots of his friends.
Great fun, putting together 'headlines' - gets them thinking and being creative.
Very straightforward, great fun for all ages, though I would agree with the 8+ guideline on the box.
on 27 January 2014
We used this at University great fun writing headlines and trying to score the highest. Really had great time with other students. Highly recommend this game.
on 20 January 2014
A fun game, which was played on New years eve can imagine that people might take it to seriously if they want correct english but we enjoyed it and it was good to buy a game that did'nt cost over £20 for a set of dice and a few cards in a large cardboard box
on 2 March 2015
Been playing card games for a while now and this is just great. Tactical but really funny as well you get a bunch of cards and have to put them together to make a headline which makes the most points. Simple to play pick up and go straight out of the box. On an above review somebody quotes cards with humanity that is a completely different game good but a game which I would recommend playing with adults. You simply cannot compare cards with humanity to man eats dog the concept is completely different. This is a great light hearted game which is not frustrating by having to take 15 to 20 mins to teach which with some card games you have to. Bargain at the current price certainly worth it for less than a tenner.
on 16 May 2015
Picked this up in a local book shop after reading good reviews on Amazon. No matter what combination of cards we got, the results were completely unfunny. We even tried flipping through the pack to find different combinations, but still no joy. Avoid this game - even if someone is offering it to you for free.
on 13 December 2013
We all played this at a holiday house in the summer and enjoyed it so much we bought it - it's actually quite educational as well as being fun to play as you end up discussing some finer points of grammar and what makes sense and what doesn't and why that is so! Children who like words and the absurd will love it.