Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 11 November 2010
I bought this for my 1.5 yr old for a plane trip to Italy. He knew the book well. This was an instant success. He is now 2 and still likes it when it comes out (I normally keep it away until we travel somewhere or go out to dinner, if he sees it he reaches for it every time). It has lots of little magnets from the story, and three or four scenes/backgrounds as well. The pieces are pretty small, so not suitable for kids that are still putting things in their mouths. The pieces are not super robust, but ours are still going strong. A keen toddler can break bits off if not supervised. It's not fool-proof for planes as the pieces can get dropped easily, however, because they are magnetic it is a much better choice than many other games/toys out there.It all packs into the tin those inside forms the scenes that the magnets stick to.

That said, I think it is great and my son loves it. I have no hesitation in recommending it again and would certainly buy one again for friends children.
on 2 June 2012
this was a present for my 3 or 5 year old daughter ( cant remember who it was bought for. ) for xmas, within a day the tin was stood on and so bent i couldnt get the lid back on. the magnets are very small so not for young children.

the magnets are now stuck on my fridge. the kids had no play out of this waste of money. pointless. does not hold childrens attention for 5 minutes. have hoovered half of the magnets by accident.

my kids love the book but just not a great product
on 19 June 2011
Novel idea but really good for travelling with. All children seem to love the story and know it off by heart.
on 12 May 2012
This was not what I hoped it would be. I thought the tin would be easier to handle or just a bit nicer quality. Tin lid has sharp areas where it slides on, I fear my daughter will catch her fingers and for a young child it is much too fiddly for them to close themselves. Some of the magnets are smaller than I'd expected so I have not let my girl use it at all yet and will not do so until I know she can resist putting them in her mouth so to be fair I can't say yet how she enjoys it.

There are two small sheets of press out magnets with all of the food, caterpillars and the butterfly that you find in the book. Painted Leaf images on the inner of each sides of the tin and two flimsy one sided plastic sheets with backgrounds on.

For the amount of space the overall item takes up and the price of it, I would be much happier with a nice magnetic book!
on 13 July 2012
I bought this for my son, who seemed to enjoy it for a while, but did get bored of it quite quickly. The pieces are quite small but my 2 year old still could play with them ok. They definitely need to know the story. Overall I am glad I bought it so when he is older he can retell the story to me using it.
on 4 March 2013
nice range of magnets inside and extra magnetic sceans means can be easily shared between my kids in the car etc, good case design is strong and doesn't fall open when carried.
on 29 August 2011
This is a little bit different and lots of fun. Not great if there's a small child in the house as you spend a lot of time looking for lost magnets!
on 8 August 2011
This kept my 2.5year old occupied at a music festival and was good for counting the items. Box got bent very easily and no longer closes.
on 6 January 2012
I was shocked to read the warning on the book when i received it about possible death if magnets are eaten by the child. This book went straight in the bin as sending it back would have cost too much as i live abroad. Also this wasnt a book but a tin box with small magnetic pieces, not happy at all with this purchase.
on 12 November 2014