My only criticism of this player is that it took me quite a while to get it to start playing my music. The paper guide is so difficult to read that I literally have to 'play it by ear'! First you press and hold the round button at the clipping end of the player for a few seconds until you hear an electronic chime. You release the button and press the front panel of the player. It took a while for me to figure out how to use the player, but now I've got it!

Once you are up and running the charge life and sound quality are both very good. I charged up for about 3 hours and got about as much playing time out of it. 4GBs at this price is brilliant value, and this player is perfect for accompanying activity. I participated in a 5K run yesterday and wore the GoGear throughout, and then all the way back home - and it performed well. So once you've got it on, you've got a steal!
on 27 April 2012
The mp3 works ok, I use this at the gym so like that it clips onto my clothes and is sturdy. However, the headphones would only work in one ear after about a month so had to buy new ones not the end of the world, but also every so often it produces a high pitch screeching sound and cant listen to any music till you reset it which requires finding something tiny like a pin to access the button which is annoying as rarely have anything like that when out or at the gym etc. Not a bad price tho and like that it also has a radio.
on 8 August 2010
I bought this specifically for my husband to use at the gym. He's fairly happy with it but says the highest volume level seems quite low compared with a lot of other players.

Just a quick note - the play button is the light on the clip!
****
Update - after (far) less than 100 uses this now completely fails to work. Grrrr
on 2 September 2015
good product and good quality of sound
on 14 February 2014
I new exactly what i was buying so it was ideal for me easy to operate and easy to load up with my music
on 5 August 2012
The Phillips Go Gear is a brilliant little divise I can store hundreds of tunes on it great for my holidays suggest you buy a good charger to go with it.
on 25 March 2011
I find this product poor as i listing to long live concerts that last over a hour and if you power of in the middle of one, the player automatically starts the track at the start again of the track which is a really annoying
on 15 September 2010
A very good product, I will briefly sum up the pros and cons:

PROS
-Very nice finish, stylish and well built, buttons are responsive and the clip is highly effective. Very compact
-Intiuitive computer connection, instead of a USB-USB connection, you plug the wire in via the headphone jack slot saving on space.
-LED light, a simple feature but effectively replaces the screen for imporant messages.
-Clear radio reception
-Sound quailtiy; Probably the most important feature for me. The sound is outstanding, i am not using the headphones supplied and cannot comment on the sound quality of them (I am using Sennheiser headphones). the 'fullsound' technology makes a noticable difference, for example with other mp3 players i've had, as they get louder the sound distorts and misfires. however on this player the sound quailty i think increases, the sound is very crisp, bass is very good and treble is also very good, not at all tinny.
-Price, I got this for [...] at the time of this review which is about £30 cheaper than anywhere else, it also arrived a day and a half after ordering it.
-Decent battery life.

CONS
Currently I can find no cons,if your looking for a cheap 4gb small mp3 with good battery life, sound quality and a clip then I think this is the best thing on the market at the moment.

Hope this helps a little.
on 9 October 2010
I need an MP3 player for running, and on the face of it, this little player fits the bill - the design is very smart with the integrated clip, and its easy to pause / unpause whilst you are running - good for when you have to cross roads etc. The side buttons are a bit fiddly but thats inevitable given the player's size, and after a few runs you learn your way around them.

So why only 3 stars? The main problem is charging - I had a zen stone before, and one charge would last me at least 2 weeks - however this needs recharging after every run! Also the radio autotuner is very unreliable. A minor point is that the case scratches easily, - not bothered about that.

Overall a very good play if only you didnt need to keep recharging it all the time.
on 4 August 2010
I bought this as I wanted a small mp3 player to use on my (occasional!) visits to the gym. I already owned an mp3 player, but wanted a smaller one with a clip.

I was hugely impressed with how tiny the player is. It takes up very little room and is easy to use whilst exercising. The controls are simple, though the buttons are tiny, but once you've learnt where they are it is simple to operate with one hand without having to look for them. I have managed to skip a track a couple of times by accident whilst trying to adjust the volume though!

It is easy to load music onto and the sound is good quality. The headphones stay in place even when running, though they are not that comfortable to wear for a long time. The only thing I find slightly problematic is that the clip has a very tight grip - obviously this means the player is secure, but I sometimes have trouble trying to attach it to thicker clothing.

All in all I am very happy with this player and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a simple and compact mp3 player.