Customer reviews

Gary Jules
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 21 February 2005
I know that this is not quite the usual way of reviewing an album but since I was only able to get hold of Trading Snakeoil For Wolftickets, First, then Greetings from the side some 14 months later, I have to say that Gary's Debut album is absolutely fantastic. The acoustic guitar is phenominal and the piano work on St Christophers Lullabye is out of this world.
The fact that you can actualy relate to the lyrics in all the songs just proves that these songs were written from the heart and from observation of life which for me means and says more about a character than any amount of write ups or reviews could. The only critisism I have with the album is that the Song "Barstool" features on the Wolftickets album too which makes me feel as though this may have been an oversight on the record company as I feel sure Gary would have had enough material to have replaced this song with new material. This album in my opinion is for anyone who likes music made with simplistic creativity (flutes and pipes and acoustic guitars harmonised with perfect percussion),and lyrics with depth and feeling sung from voice with confidence... Full Marks Paul Simon Eat your Heart out.
on 30 December 2013
Good CD in fine condition and very good price. Musically I don't find it as good as Snake-oil, but early days.
on 7 December 2016