Customer reviews

Size: 460g|Change

on 26 April 2013
I drink it, I eat it, I cook with it, I bath with it, use it as moisturiser, hair conditioner, wash my face (I have gorgeous skin), it's a natural sunscreen, brush my teeth with it, mixed with a little bicarbonate (I have very white teeth), maintaining my wooden work tops, stops creaking doors and gates, the uses are endless (see Internet for details).

It smells great, it tastes great and I have never felt so healthy, helps weightloss and keeps one very regular. Oh! I could go on all day about the virtues of coco nut oil! Yudda! Yadda! But I'm actually here to talk about this perticularly coconut oil! Hands on heart this is the very very best at the very best price, I have ever tried (and I've tried a few). Personally I stick to the Organic Virgin Cold Press, but that's just my preference.

I think I will be buying in bulk from this company from now on at the rate we get through it, the small jars just won't do.

P.S. Oh! And one more thing and then I promise to keep quite, Promise! Mix it into cat or dog food, besides the fact they love it, it sorts out their little tummy's, stops fleas setting on them and coats become glossy and soft.

I'll shhhhhhhh now!

And another thing.........

Only joking :0)
11 Comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 November 2013
I brought this because of all the brilliant reviews and also because the price is nearly half that of what you would pay for it in your local Holland and Barrat. The benefits of Coconoil are huge (you just need to read the reviews) and for me i will say that it kind of cleansed my body. Iv noticed it from a month of taking it my skin, bags under my eyes and hair just all look so much better. I would also say i feel a bit more energetic overall.

thanks also to amazon for the super fast delivery as always
on 3 November 2015
Will have this in my kit for life.
on 21 December 2013
I do like this brand but when i discovered Biona and Viridian i switched as they just smell and taste so much better.
on 30 May 2012
I can only write here, what I wrote in case of "Redwood Organic Coconut Oil 450 ml (Pack of 2)" - as both of those products are pretty much the same (but brand is obviously different). Even though coconut oil contains a high level of saturated fat - it's mostly a "good" saturated fat: lauric acid, which is converted to monolaurin in the body - the same type of fat found in human breast milk. It has been consumed in tropical places for thousands of years, it is great for cooking, and has a great effect on skin.

This is a "virgin coconut oil" that is solid below 24C (74F) and it will melt quite rapidly above that temperature. So if you want to use it on your skin, there is no point in warming it up in a microwave (like some people are doing). Just take a little bit on the palm of your hand and put it on your face (or some other parts of your body) - it will be liquid in less than 5-6 seconds (and unlike the apricot oil - which is also very good for the skin - this one is absorbed by the skin a lot faster). Just for the test, drop any other chemical body lotion that you are currently using, and use just that oil for a few days. The difference should be noticeable.

Obviously you can use it for a general cooking or as an additional ingredient to your meals (such as various soups, steamed rice, or even a cup of morning coffee). Personally, I'm probably using about 2-3 tablespoons daily (on average), with various meals but I would suggests to start with something like 1-3 teaspoons daily (or maybe 1 large tablespoon), and see how your body reacts.

This is not a hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated coconut oil - which is actually a very good point. Not that hydrogenated coconut oil is very bad, but in that refining process some nutrients are probably lost (so put it simply -> virgin coconut oil is better). Also please note that some of the early studies on the health benefits of coconut oil used partially hydrogenated coconut oil (not virgin coconut oil), which has a different health risk profile (bear that in mind while searching for more info about benefits of coconut oil). Anyway, this is a highly recommended product that I will be buying again.

Side note: the other point worth mentioning is that coconut oil helped me with my dandruff (a bold statement, I know -> and I'm not sure if it will work for everybody). I've tried "Neutrogena T/GEL Therapeutic Shampoo" and "Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo" with limited success. Apparently, the lauric acid & capric acid present in coconut oil are great antimicrobial agents. At the beginning, I've started with fractionated coconut oil which doesn't contain lauric acid, but some of others fatty acids present in that oil are also good anti dandruff agents (one day I was putting it on my hair few minutes before washing and the next day I was adding it to my hair conditioner). At the end I was using a little bit of pure virgin coconut oil, which I've started to massage into my scalp and hair. I'm sure if you do your own search you will find a lot of information about above (or how to use it), so there is no point of repeating that here. Not sure if it helps you - but maybe it's something worth trying. Who knows, I know it helped me (and there are no chemicals involved as this is natural oil). If it won't work for you in this case, you can always use it for cooking or for your skin.
on 25 May 2012
I have placed a number of repeat orders for this product. I have tried others but find this one the best. The flavour is good and the nutritional information is comprehensive. The container has secure tamper proof packaging. I can highly recommend it.
on 17 February 2013
This coconut oil is very versatile and tastes good. You can spread it, cook with it, and even have it stirred into porridge!! Highly recommended and great service from this company. Many thanks.
on 29 September 2014
I've never used coconut oil before but while researching on how to look after my natural afro hair, I read high praises on how coconut oil is great for holding moisture and that it's nourishing for the hair. Well it's perfect for my hair and keeps it looking shiny and healthy. I use it in conjunction with other moisturising products to seal them in especially after washing my hair. I've also used it as a body moisturiser though I felt it made my skin seem to attract more dust and stuff.

The consistency of the oil changes depending on the temperatures it's kept in - it becomes thin and liquid when warm but can be kept in the fridge to solidify when necessary. This brand of coconut oil seems very pure and had no added ingredients. The container is big and thankfully the lid is easy to twist on and off which is useful when my hands get slick with oil!
on 10 April 2014
A friend of mine bought two, but because it lasts so long, they gave me a jar. Excellent quality, good price and good for so many uses. I use it for skin care, it's especially good for the little scars I have from a childhood accident. The scars have softened and I don't see them first when I look in a mirror. Using this product got me hooked on using natural ingredients for skin care, so I've been experimenting with others. Found some that are good, some not so good. One I can recommend highly that I use with this coconut oil is Bel Essence - (2oz) 100% All-Natural, Organic Anti-Wrinkle Oil Treatment with Argan, Grapeseed and Avocado Oil. It has a bunch of oils that are amazing for the skin (but no coconut oil, so I use both products), and it is high quality like this product. With the two products, my skin is so different - my little scars are less noticeable, and my skin is like velvet! I keep rubbing my hands because my skin is so soft and I can't believe it. I'm in my 30's and I started getting those lines around my eyes and my forehead, they are gone too. Natural products rock! I'm sold on coconut oil and the bel essence oil mix. My only tip is since everything is an oil, use very little at first and slowly add more until you know how much your skin can absorb. I've overused, and I didn't break out, but your skin can feel a little oily.
on 16 April 2014
This is a really good quality coconut oil which has a very taste, especially good for wok frying and oil pulling.