on 16 January 2014
I've just looked back to my previous purchases and realised that I never reviewed this. It deserves a review as I really haven't been able to fault it in the plus three years I have been using it. I was first introduced to RPN when I bought the HP25C in 1976 and have been hooked on it ever since. After the HP25C battery gave out some while ago I had to make do with a 19B (business not scientific) and for years amid rumours of HP never making another calculator I have been dreading the thought of that not working.

By chance I discovered the HP35S. It has a similar great design, clear and easy to read lables, is robust, just the right size to be comfortably hand held and is comprehensive for all common scientific functions. On top of that its price was about a quarter of that I paid for the HP25C in 1976 (despite inflation and the change in currency value)

All the functions I could wish to use are there and are easily accessible - conversions, statistics and probability, evaluating and solving equations, and a programming capability, as well as other functions I use less. I do agree with another reviewer who comments on the lack of a printed user guide, although there is a 'quick start' guide. I did print off the whole user guide, which took up most of a lever arch file, but I found it was well worth doing, and on occasion has saved me time by pointing out easier and quicker ways to do calculations I have been struggling with. I've found the battery life has been fine. Like others, I should point out that although I use it in Reverse Polish Notation mode it can also be used in Algebraic mode. Purely on a personal basis 'long live RPN' and may HP continue to provide the facility to use it on their calculators.
on 21 September 2014
This is an excellent calculator marred by a little apparent illogicality. I love the reverse Polish system and the sheer range of functions it supports. Yet its system for entering hexadecimal numbers seems almost wilfully perverse. Despite having keys labelled A to F it uses entirely different keys, with no alphabetic labels, for entering these characters.

Aside from that it seems well made and I'd thoroughly recommend it, especially if you like the (optional) reverse Polish system.
on 11 February 2015
I'm a biased HP calculator fan, replacing an HP48GX which needs a bit of TLC. So far, the HP35S will be a good replacement, but one of the keys (factorial, stats sigma plus key) is a bit unresponsive: you have to hit it in just the right place. I wonder how long it'll last. Thankfully not one of the more-often used keys.
Good fast delivery from the supplier. I've used them in the past (HP15C limited ed. - no keys problems there... but no Hex, Decimal conversion either) and will use them again when next I'm flush.
on 2 October 2016
love it's retro looks and rpn notation.
on 8 November 2014
Why are you selling this product into UK with foreign Operator Manuals - I have had to print of my own English Manual - Why ?????
on 6 November 2014
Excellent!
on 25 July 2015
A great reliable product. No on board coordinate ie polar / rectangular button. Never mind plenty of programs out there to help.
on 31 March 2016
This calculator is brilliant for UNI work, although not one of the cheapest.
on 1 October 2013
Having had a similar HP scientific calculator from the 80's, it's great to see it again. Very light, comprehensive and practical. Sellers were very prompt and courteous. Well recommended!
on 1 June 2015