on 16 July 2014
If you are absolutely desperate to want to connect your laptop to your HDMi TV and absolutely refuse to pay the £6 extra for a more solid performing brand, then this is the connector for you. It really is very poor, HDMi cables cheap and expensive just don't fit well enough in it to provide any sort of good connection. When I needed to use it I had to make sure everything was set up perfectly with no chance of the Macbook moving even an inch or the connection would crackle and die.

I would seriously recommend spending the extra and getting a decent branded product, like Belkin, which I also own and can safely say is 10X the product this is.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 October 2012
The Neet Mini-displayport to DVI cable connects a modern Apple computer to an external monitor. It connects to the thunderbolt or displayport socket on your computer and after a reasonable length lead plugs directly into your monitor; projector or maybe tv. Neet's advantage over the apple branded accessories are twofold; you are saving money in your pocket over the apple original equipment; and you only need one wire rather than 2 as the apple adaptors would require.

The combination of value; convenience of the single wire and a more than acceptable at this price build quality all add up to 5 stars.
on 13 June 2017
Works a treat. Could do with a bit longer cable though. I haven't knocked a star off for this though because this niggle is not unique to this product - nearly all adapters could do with their cable being a bit longer.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 March 2017
A great quality cable, just what we needed for one of our bits of demo kit at work. This particular configuration was proving hard to source, Amazon to the rescue again.
on 30 November 2010
I recently purchased the Mini Display Port to HDMI with Audio cable. I was very impressed with Neet's customer service - I asked a question and got a very quick response. The cable arrived quickly, was well packed, and works perfectly on my Late 2010 11.6" MacBook Air.

Upon first use, you need to set up the sound to come through your TV - This you do in System Preferences - Sounds - then choose your TV. After this, when you plug in or unplug, the Mac automatically routes the sound correctly.

I'm very pleased with this cable, and the excellent sound and vision on my TV from the Air.

Cheers, Peter
on 4 May 2011
I picked up one of the new 2011 spec MacBook Pros a few weeks ago - the ones with Thunderbolt replacing Mini DisplayPort. I was a little apprehensive using this type of product with the Thunderbolt port but I am happy to confirm it works perfectly, really simple plug and play operation. And I can now output 1080p video with sound from my Mac to my TV.

If you are looking for a way to connect your new MacBook Pro to your TV, just hook this up via a HDMI cable and you're away, dead easy.
on 27 October 2017
Always get good advice from this company when I phone and this is fab as no longer need an adapter for using with a Mac.
on 2 August 2017
Does what it says and hasn't broken yet. Over 2 years into it's use and much cheaper than the apple alternative.
on 25 November 2011
This was the most reasonably priced item of this nature that I could find, that suited my requirements (hooking my Macbook Pro up to my HD TV). Obviously an HDMI cable is needed (Purchased from eBay for a small sum), plug it in and all was done. A few pointers, make sure you go to settings > display > and select the option for Mirroring (integral for perfect viewing.) Also access settings > sound > Output > Change output device to the TV it is connected to. And you're done! Picture and sound all on your TV screen from your Apple Mac Book. I am so happy I can watch my movies and catch up TV now :o) Very pleased!
on 3 June 2017
This is so useful. I keep it in my workbag so I always have it available when I need it. Works fine, feels sturdy.