on 17 January 2009
This is my first concert blu-ray, so I did not know what to expect. I was positively surprised by the great picture quality and the sound - probably better than being there... except for the atmosphere with lots of fans all around you. I watched the concert on a large picture (short distance to screen with a 720p projector) and a decent 5.1 sound system fed by a PS3.

The bands play for the most part separately, but also play some songs together. There are chapter marks for each song, so you may jump to the next/previous song if you want to. There is a separate scene with a "drum challenge" between the drummers of the bands, but this scene has a smaller picture with lower quality. I have not viewed the concert continuously from start to finish, but listened to a handful complete tracks and smaller parts of the rest. I almost cannot wait to sit down and get the full concert - planning to arrange it with wife and kids (old teenagers) watching. As you probably have guessed, I like both Chicago and Earth, Wind & Fire.
on 1 March 2009
I quite like music DVDs and have a small collection mainly for the sound quality rather than the picture. Having recently purchased a Blu-Ray player thought I would try a full HD disc.
This is an excellent Blu-Ray disc, the picture is superb and the sound quality is excellent. As soon as it starts you will not believe how many songs you actually remember well enough to sing along too. It's a real "Feel Good" disc.
The only problem I had with it was (and this is the first time it has occurred on my equipment) the DTS "Bomb" going off about half way through the disc, just once, but enough to make me jump and worry about my speakers. My amp is only about 18 months old and has not had it's software updated, but it is still something to be aware of.
On balance highly recommended disc, worth having on Blu-Ray.
on 29 January 2006
I have been lstening to Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire as individual bands for a long time.Its magic when they come together in this one great concert.The music they play blend perfectly when they come on stage together and compliment each others' abundance of talent!!My pick was the Chicago keyboard player who co wrote the song ,sing "After the love has gone" (a hit by Earth Wind and Fire )along with EW and F.Perfection in vocal blending and harmony!!!A must have for a Chicago fan!!!!
on 6 January 2007
As a Chicago fan, I've been looking for a decent DVD of the band for ages.

This is class and in particular the brass section.

The bonus of course is the EWF concert. Unbelievably tight when the two bands get together at the front and back ends.

Only downside was that I received an NTSC version when I was expecting a PAL format. The sound is fine, but I just wonder if I'm missing something in terms of picture quality?

Greetings from Cornwall UK
on 19 May 2006
...if you are remotely interested in music and/or being a musician, you need to watch this. Classy songs played by classy musicians; tasty arrangements, positive lyrics, what's not to like? My 7 year old is wise enough to pick up on the quality and energy of this disc. Seriously, this package has changed my life (ok I AM a musician :) ) but this is required listening for anyone who picks up an instrument and wants the world to change.

5 Stars for absolute class and professionalism
on 30 May 2011
Chicago + Earth Wind & Fire - Live at the Greek
This is a live concert Blu Ray by Chicago and Earth, Wind & Fire. The original recording was made at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, California at the end of their joint tour in 2004. I have seen but do not own the DVD and, based on my recollections, this Blu Ray version is a significant upgrade in both picture and audio quality.

I really enjoyed this Blu Ray, especially Chicago which is one of my all time favourite bands. Although I am not a fan of Earth Wind & Fire I still enjoyed their performance. Obviously the concert features a good song selection, with most of the hits from both bands. I really liked the concept of mixing the groups together for the opening numbers, then splitting up for their individual sets, then regrouping for the finale.

VIDEO: 4.5/5
For a multi angle, live concert performance I don't believe it could be much better. So much better in every way than the DVD version (I haven't seen the HD DVD).

AUDIO 4/5
There are multiple sound tracks, the Dolby Digital+ soundtrack is very good but there is a noticeable improvement in switching to the lossless DTS-MA soundtrack. It's more enveloping, has tighter bass with more grunt (technical term). I could also hear more resonance in the extensive instrumentation, especially the trombone and flute. The vocals were strong and clear. The lossless track is very revealing and shows up some weakness in the mix. In particular, with both bands on stage it was rather busy and at times sounded cluttered. A minor point, the audience participation wasn't really captured as well as some others.

Overall I'd rate it as a keeper. If you have the DVD and/or are a fan of the bands then I would highly recommend it.
on 18 June 2010
First of all to see all those guys (my generation) haw they still play great is beautiful.
Audience and concert flavor is wonderful.And all this with perfect blu ray HD picture and DTS.
What else do you need??
on 28 July 2011
Two of the best funky and rock bands in the world playing at the same time in their best performances and in excelents sound and vision. What else ?
on 18 February 2014
Poor Concert...... Hardcore Fans only..... Not the quality I expected with the two Bands out there together. Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire.,
on 25 December 2012
Thank you very much for the DVD. I'm enjoying it so much. Thank you once again. Its exactly the way I imagined it.