TOP 100 REVIEWERon 7 December 2012
Ordered this to use in the caravan on a laptop.
Works great on an old XP laptop using the caravan "flying saucer" ariel. Always got some channels and often all. Using the laptop means no need to carry a separate TV. I have even used this at a caravan site that had TV points on the hook up points via a 10m co-ax lead.
I have also plugged this into a Windows 7 professional using media centre and there was no need to install any software as this works with windows media centre. Live viewing, pausing and then viewing and also recording all work great.
I live in a strong signal area and the supplied extendible ariel works fine. This extendible ariel is better than the very short ariels supplied with other similar products. Remote works well.

I've loaded some pictures of it.

UPDATE AUGUST 2013
I ordered a second one of these for my father-in-law. It wouldn't work on a Toshiba XP laptop. Software and driver was reinstalled. Eventually I downloaded the latest software from August. This failed on the first install but after another uninstill and re-install it now works well. I've downgraded my original 5 start review to 4 because of this faff.
review image review image
on 10 April 2013
Delivery: Fast and on schedule.
Content: It came with a mini-cd which was useless to me, as I dont have a mini-cd drive (I dont imagine many people do!!), I had to download the driver and media from the vendor website. I had problem with installing it first time, so I un-installed it and re-installed it again, eventually it installed successfully. So if you are not technically minded; it is best to request the 'normal CD' to be send to you, which will be easier option.

The provided mobile aerial is absolutely useless (I live in a good reception area, but still the provided aerial is of no use!)

I connected it to the roof aerial, some times the signals receiver drops when it feels like it (My TV works perfectly well with the Roof Aerial, so I know it is not to do with the aerial signal quality), I guess the USB dongle doesnt always pick signal from aerial cable!
I have not used the remote, as my laptop is too close and my arm length seem to be sufficient :)

Overall feedback: when the USB picks up the aerial signal, it works perfectly. The media software is very easy to navigate around the menus. All the vendor listed functionalities works well. I do recommend this seller.
on 20 February 2013
Was easy to setup in Windows 7 (64 bit) which downloaded the drivers for the TV-tuner and IR remote as soon as i plugged it in. Afterwards, I opened Windows Media Centre (not Windows Media Player) and started a manual scan of available channels in my area. At this point, I should tell you that I gave up on the included telescopic antenna which wasn't detecting anything except FM radio channels. I plugged in the coaxial wire coming straight from my roof antenna and booster. Then it worked like a charm. Windows Media Centre listed loads of channels and even accepted commands sent by the remote. (Make sure to point the remote towards that tiny side hole on the usb-stick, otherwise nothing will happen on-screen).

Note, outside UK in a country with DVB-T: I installed the Arcsoft TV Media software afterwards. This is a weird software as it scanned 11 tv channels but listed only 6. So I had to go into the settings to get all the 11. For some reason it was unable to detect DAB radio stations and the settings for that section of the software seemed bent to use my usb webcan rather than the tv-tuner. After reboot, I noticed the Arcsoft software would play 5 seconds of TV and then freeze. At first I thought it was because I enabled "Hardware Acceleration" which gave me pretty crisp pictures but after re-disabling it, I kept getting the random frame freezes. So am now using Windows Media Centre. I will try VLC next.
on 21 July 2016
Bought a grade b return as a second tuner. It worked at first ( works out of the box on Linux ) but as it warmed up within 20 to 30 mins it started to fail and the video and audio kept breaking up. Top marks to Dafodill UK who sent me another to test without question and when that one also had same problem they sent me a T202 instead which works like a dream ( also out of the box on Linux ). As I bought returns and not brand new maybe new ones work well, can't be sure.
on 10 November 2015
August DVB-T205 USB Freeview Tuner - External PC TV Card with Digital (DVB-T) - Supports Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP: Product arrived when promised, safely packaged with all correct contents in inner box. Excellent performance from a value product, Easy plug and play for a techno dinosaur like me. Thanks everyone
on 14 March 2015
Absolutely useless. Bought to use in my Xbox one, it isn't compatible. Then I tried it in my laptop, after about an hour it hadn't found any channels and it was showing that it had 0-1 bar signal. Might just be the area I live in but I'm not happy with this product. It comes with little aerial which just doesn't stand up, there's a magnet on the bottom of the aerial that connects to a suction cup and it just seems too heavy when fully extended that it just falls over.
on 12 December 2015
Very poor quality will only find 35 channels cannot tune to get more channels bought 2 0f these tuners wastr of money .I get a perfect pic on tv using roof areal which I also connect to these and I have direct viewof grystal palace and only 8 miles away . So waste of money whis I never brought yjem
on 13 August 2017
not so good , they didn't have a w 10 driver even after 8 months from whem win 10 started
on 24 February 2014
The DVB-T205 SD freeview receiver works fine with a good roof ariel and works with windows media center. The DVB-T210 receives the HD channels along with SD channels and is probably worth the extra cost. The remote controllers for both models do not appear to do anything whatsoever.
on 30 March 2017
super little device has enabled me to turn laptop into a tv on many occasions whilst away although works better with a stronger aerial