Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

Package Quantity: 1|Colour: Pink|Change

on 9 August 2013
We bought this just over a year ago and have loved the product have never had any problems with it... Until now, I was woken up to the sound of my daughter crying this morning, which is very unusual for her. Went to check on her and her room smelt like plastic, safe to say I was freaking out, took my wee one (who is now 15 months) out of the room while I went to look for the source of the smell. Picked up her seahorse and it was stinking, took the cover off it and the battery compartment was smoking, removed the backing and the spring was orange and had melted the plastic around it. The whole batter compartment was very hot, I had to remove the battery's and leave the compartment outside. I have taken pictures and will be emailing Fisher Price to complain, We have used rechargeable battery's since we first got this and have never had any problems, I am not happy at all, what if this had caused harm to my child! It should come with a Warning label!
11 Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 April 2010
we have two of these - for my four month old and for my 3yr old girls. Both love them and both have them in bed at night to help them get off to sleep. The music is calming and not the plinky plonky irritating kind. The night light element is good - enough light to see little ones by in middle of night if you have to get up to them. I like that it is possible to press the tummy again to stop the music mid-play. The two volume settings are helpful if you want it to be quieter for a little baby. I have not had cause to wipe or wash either of our seahorses yet, as both look as good as new after four months of continous use. Recommended.
on 20 January 2013
This is a miracle worker, 10 minutes tops and my daughter is asleep. Why have I been struggling for months?
on 27 March 2010
Bought this seahorse to play to baby as she went to sleep. It has 2 volume settings. It plays about 8 differnt nursery ryhmes in around 5 mins and then the night light fades out. The only problem with it is you are unable to wash it, you can only wipe it down.
on 5 February 2010
I got this for my 19 month old daughter this week, after having dfficulty getting her to sleep, she used to have to be rocked off to sleep, as soon as I gave it to her she just chilled out and stared at the light and listened to the music, she drops off within minutes on her own with her little magic seahorse.
on 30 April 2013
A great toy for soothing a restless child. It plays many tunes and is a great comfort to my grandchild. Similar to the glow worm of the eighties and can be purchased in pink or blue.
on 27 October 2014
Works a treat helping our daughter get to sleep. There is a switch in the back to change the music from lasting a few seconds to a few minutes, we changed it to play for a few minutes to save pressing it all the time.wouldn't be without it.
on 12 January 2015
This was one of our granddaughter's Christmas presents. She is only 3 months old but already it is obvious that she loves this toy. After a couple of minutes of the soothing music she is fast asleep with her hand resting on its head.
on 30 October 2010
I bought this as our daughter has a musically cot toy that hangs from the side but with the travel cot there's nothing to hang it on. This just lies next to her and provides the same comforting light as she drifts off and music. Best of all when woke several times in the night being in a strange place she was able to push the seahorses belly herself to sooth herself back to sleep (at 6months) Defintely a good buy
on 10 August 2016
I wouldn't even give this product one star I am so angry and upset how someone can sell this to a family with a young child or baby. This is a FAKE item and not the real soothe and glow seahorse. This product is not what is advitised. It is fake and very badley put together. I no this because I have been out and bought one from mother care and the difference between them is unacceptable. don't even waste your money.