on 4 January 2011
A quick review as no-one has written one so far: I got this because it's retro, it's red, and it's a turntable plus CD player which takes CDRs with no problem and also has a USB jack: a pretty nifty package.
A slight warning: the turntable is inevitably quieter than playing CDs, but then you wouldn't expect ASBO-level volumes from this kind of sound-system.
As the manufacturer is also the supplier & courier I'll say here that this was well packaged and promptly delivered. To paraphrase Basil Fawlty, 'A happy customer? They should have me stuffed'.
on 11 October 2011
Just what we wanted. A smart looking retro Music system at an acceptable price. Delivery was swift, arrived within 48 hours of placing order. This machine is just what you need to play the vinyl discs you had locked away or hidden in the roof space. Ours are now having a rebirth and the sound reproduction is excellent from this player. With FM radio which is crystal clear and also CD and MP3 recording / playback what more could one ask for. Other reviews seem a little harsh, remember the selling price, this appliance has made our day and taken us back to the good times when music was music. Dust off your vinyl and treat yourself to this magic music machine it won't break the bank but will put a smile on your face when you play those golden oldies. This review is from a really satisfied pair of customers that is why we have taken time to write it.
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 May 2011
Lovely idea, that doesn't quite live up to my expectations, simply because the volume when playing records is not quite loud enough even when you turn the volume knob to maximum. Absolutely fine with the CD and radio but not quite the same level of power for the records.

So a little disappointed, although it is great to be able to play actual records again.
on 25 February 2013
Having had some concerns regarding this product based on other reviews (e.g. low vinyl volume), I was a bit apprehensive at first. However, after purchasing this product I found the vinyl volume to be perfectly fine and was quite happy with the CD player also. I am yet to try the radio out on this product, however I'm sure that as the rest of the product is adequate, this will be also. The USB recording aspect is also brilliant and this now means I can record specifc songs from my vinyl records that I wouldn't find on any of my CDs. Along with the gorgeous style and classic car look, the record player is everything I expected it to be. My only fault with the player was I only recieved 3 pieces to plug the 4 holes in the sides of the player. This however, does not bother me, as the player works perfect.
on 15 January 2013
I bought this as a Christmas present for my wife last year who had been hankering to play her old vinyl records. The sound quality on the turntable is very poor and very low volume. The plastic knob controls are flimsy and would be liable to break if we ever actually used the machine but as the quality is so poor we have barely used it for anything. The few times we used the cd player we were happier with the sound levels but now the CD drawer won't close properly and the machine fails to read the disc just ejecting it after a few moments.

Maybe the usb input for iPods etc would be more useful - no afraid not - it doesn't recognise half the devices we've tried including ipods of various age and size.

The radio is the only thing that works reasonably well.

I would advise against buying this product. Save your money or spend a bit more and buy something that actually works.
on 27 December 2011
Excellent value for money.Arrived in condition described and dispatched on time.I would recommend this product to anyone looking for something to play their old vinyls on.
on 6 December 2013
This is a fantastic product. Size-wise, it doesn't take up a lot of space. The colour is not very bright red but a very definite retro red. Sound quality is reasonable although volume doesn't go really loud - but goes loud enough. It is a little plasticy, but that kind of adds to the retro vibe. It is an absolute pleasure to own, not only for its looks, but also its multifunctions. Absolutely well worth the money for that trip down memory lane. Delivery was quick and I can honestly say this was one of the best things I've ever bought! Go on, you know you want to...:-)
on 7 July 2012
I brought my old records down from the attic and realised what memories they brought but had nothing to play them on. After receiving this I have been really pleased. It comes from France so has a 2 pin plug so rather than all the trouble of changing the plug (there was one enclosed) I just got an adapter and it has worked great. I can record onto my mp3 too which is also a bonus. It looks really nice and my friend is also thinking of getting one now she has seen mine. The records play with less volume than the cd or radio but it is fine.
on 11 January 2013
I bought this equipement because its retro appearance. So it is five stars in this area.
The volume of the vinyls is high enough and the rest also works fine.
It is made in China, as almost everything nowadays, so you should expect China quality.
on 28 March 2013
Perfect, exactly what I wanted. Plays Vinyl and CDs, plus the volume on the vinyl player is good. Looks so cool too ;) Very pleased with it.