on 14 January 2016
I got this as an alternative to my Wii fit plus and Exerbeat games. I have left a previous review for the original "my fitness coach" which I did not enjoy at all. The My fitness coach-cardio workout is much better as you can do the exercise in a smaller space and don't need a lounge the size of a Gym. The main exercise is boxing but I really enjoyed the boxercise on the Exerbeat game so I was happy. The exercises are great if you want to loose weight. You can start of as a beginner and the exercises are not too tricky or full on to start with. The instructor is a bit annoying and seems to say "ready" every 5 seconds. I got round this annoyance by switching the music (terrible but slightly less annoying than her "ready") up which means her volume goes down! I really like this game and for someone who is trying to get fitter, I would recommend it. If you are already fit, it may not pose much of a challenge.
on 28 May 2013
This is one of the best Wii fitness games I have played. It is nicely designed and laid out, it escalates the workouts adequately and gives you plenty of rewards. I have really noticed a difference. Combine it with an all body workout if you want to get a leg and core workout but this is a great game to set up and follow through, just a shame they didn't add to it with downloadable add-ons or extra novelty games but once you build on the basics using the ducking and stepping, it gets really challenging!
on 29 June 2014
I personally LOVE this!! Combined with regular exercise at the gym and a good diet, this game can really help you to tone up. As a 'stand alone' fitness workout (without the gym), it works really well too. I'm not convinced by the calorie estimations, I think they are a little optimistic..... the music could be better...... and it is a little annoying when you know you are throwing the required punches correctly but they don't always register, but the game is more than worth it. Believe me, if you are not working up a sweat whilst doing the more advanced shape boxing routines then you are not doing it properly!!

I love the fact that you can use both remotes rather than a remote and a nunchuck...... gives you much more freedom to move... as I have being using this game for well over a year, I now wear my ankle and wrist weights whilst boxing to add to the challange add help me improve my muscle strength.

If you are looking for a easy to follow but rewarding boxing game for the wii.... this is the one for you :-)
on 18 January 2011
As a 55yr old female trying to get fit I rented this game to see what it was like. Although I am still on the basic boxing after a few days I am finding it fun and beneficial. And I tend to spend more time on it than i do on the Wii fit plus. I would recommend it for cardio work outs even for the not so fit .. even better when it told me I had the fitness of a 22year old, the laughter that caused was worth the effort. I will be buying this one.
on 14 July 2016
Absolutely love this, has helped me get back in to shape after having a baby, can be done anytime of the day when I get a spare 5 mins, when I can't get out, would definitely recommend.
on 6 August 2015
I absolutely love it. The boxing exercises are great and easy to learn, they then get more difficult as levels go up. There is no equipment needed other than a remote and the board.
on 29 July 2013
The boxing and cardio in this is superb; I didn't think I was working hard, but boy, did I feel it in my shoulders the next day! I felt like I had done a round with Tyson. Great workout DVD, one of the best in this ' My fitness Coach series' I think.
on 24 September 2017
Great workout
on 19 July 2013
This is the perfect game needed for boxing and all upper cardio exercise, used everyday, the routines are fantastic and as you progress the rountines changes and throw in something new and a little bit more challenging. No need for boxing gloves, just the wii remote and nunchucks. Would highly recommend this game who is looking for a goor upper cardio workout and likes boxing
on 9 April 2012
Ok so I know nothing about boxing, but it feels right. You can select different length workouts and it is great for beginners as it has tutorials for all the moves. I've only had it a week and have played on it 5 days. This is definitely the best console fitness game available. I've tried quiet a few others and I've giving up with them after a couple days. I've just ordered the dance version as well and I hope its as good.

See one answered question