Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Drake Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 14 January 2013
This stuff is amazing. I wish I could buy it by the kilo! Great for vegans wanting something good for you with a slight cheesy flavour, but even non-vegans love this stuff :) Amazing
on 22 February 2013
I bought this to put over my pasta or make (no)cheesy sauce. Its great product and I will buy more soon.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 April 2016
I'm vegan and I sprinkle this stuff on top of pasta dishes to give it an extra dimension (a bit like the way an omni would use parmesan). It looks a lot like fish food, and I like to imagine I'm a fish swimming about in my tank being fed by a giant hard above as I drop a few flakes from arm's length into my open mouth when I'm preparing my dinner, but you don't have to do that.

The flavour is hard to describe: a bit yeasty/cheesy/nutty perhaps. I like it. Sometimes I eat it by itself but then you really have to have a drink afterwards. A wheat tortilla with a smidge of tomato purée and a generous helping of flakes makes a nice, lazy snack too.
Nutritious, delicious: what's not to love? I can literally eat the flakes from the tub by the spoon. They give a delicious cheesy savour to non-dairy dishes, like sauces and pestos. Can't recommend this product highly enough to vegans, those with a lactose intolerance, or just for those trying to cut the fat in their diets.
on 30 July 2013
It's great that Amazon are stocking this because if you are a vegan who likes to cook ( and let's face it, vegans really have to like to cook!) this product is a kitchen must have. Why health stores don't stock it goodness only knows. It's not the same as other yeasts and has a cheesey flavour. Highly recommended and very useful.
on 12 August 2010
I bought this item to make a raw food lasagne and have a go at other raw food recipes. They say it is the raw foodist substitute for cheese. I've combined it with miso and other items to make a thick sauce. I need more practice in making something tasty and reducing the saltiness from other ingredients. A useful addition to the store cupboard.
33 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 October 2016
Yummy yeast flakes, I use this as a parmesan substitute and I can hardly tell a difference. Good products for anyone who is considering going vegan and is unsure how they feel about no longer having cheese in their lives. I used to be a true cheese addict and this product definitely makes me very happy!
on 14 March 2015
If you add lemon juice to it, it gives it that 'tang' that cheese gives you. Love it
on 28 May 2014
We started using this nutritional yeast a few months ago as a substitute for cheese, and we like it a lot.. It is very tasty (cheesy nutty taste that goes nicely with sandwiches..
The 6 pack is the best value when you compare it to buying 1 only..
Will highly recommend it for its nutritional attributes and for the taste..
on 15 May 2014
It's very difficult to find nutritional yeast where I live, so it's fantastic to be able to purchase it in bulk online at such a reasonable price. This is especially great for vegan cooking, as it can be used as a parmesan substitute, to make cheeseless cheese sauces, or to thicken stews and casseroles.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling