Colour: Cream / Green|Change

on 2 February 2015
I love my spirailiser! It has really changed the way we eat. Sometimes my husband has to tell me not to spirailise everything we eat! There are some great online videos which give you good ideas about how best to cook with the Spirailiser.
It's easy to clean and quick to use.
review image
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2015
I love it. Agree you need big carrots. slices well. Makes great courgette spaghetti. Sticks well to work top and easy release. Very easy to clean.
on 6 January 2015
Positives
I have been keeping my eye out for a spiralizer for a while as I have a gluten intolerance and was thrilled to see it come up in the Black Friday sale. Once promptly delivered, it actually took me a week to get it out of the box, but I then made courgette spaghetti (courgetti) and was really pleased with the result. It has three very sharp blade attachments (be very careful with those). It has a nice ‘draw’ underneath the main shaft where you can store the attachments when not using which was great. It also has sticky feet to reduce slipping on the work surface.

Negatives
This is mentioned by a number of reviewers, but the design means that a core of your vegetable is not spiralized and you have to chuck away (or keep and use for something else). It just seemed wasteful when spiralizing a number of vegetables. This was made more confusing as the instructions were very unclear so I wasn’t sure if I had just done it wrong (until I read reviews online).

Overall if you’re looking for a healthy alternative to spaghetti it is great. I think I will use it weekly and that’s a good enough rate of return for me!
on 12 August 2015
easy to use , gives 3 different cutting options, easy to clean, works well for using more vegitables in a novel way, here is what you can make with vegitable spiralizer, good to encourage children to eat healthy raw vegis
review image
on 15 April 2013
This is a fantastic idea for a product, but feels flimsy, lightweight and poorly designed.

Although it work OK, and I won't complain about the food it produces, the razor sharp piece of metal that pinions the center of the vegetable, effectively cores whatever you are spiralling. This is fine for courgettes but for carrots, potatoes and anything else it's just wasteful and restricts the minimum diameter of the vegetables you can use. The vertical version of this product does not do this, I don't see why this one should.

Another restriction to the size of the vegetable is the rotating foot of the machine that holds the vegetables in place, the spikes are too widely spaced apart and simply will not hold narrower vegetables in place.

There's no need for the extra handle to slide the platform along, horizontal pressure as you turn the handle is enough, plus the machine isn't sturdy enough to stand up to much pressure.

The handle is set too low to the base of the moving platform, anyone with normal size hands is constantly rapping their knuckles against it.

It's a real shame as this is a brilliant way to prepare food. If I was to buy again I would get the cheapest version of the upright one available.

Someone should make a high quality stainless steel version that's properly thought through.
11 comment| 173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2013
I use it a lot. For zucchini spaghetti, splices of carrots and apples. I also cut the turnip like they have it in the Japanese restaurants.
on 10 May 2016
Really great! Changed my way of eating with more raw veg incorporated with every meal. Cuts through every vegetable I've tried with relative ease. My favourite is peppers, slices them up perfect using the flat blade, for an exciting salad with minimal waste because you just chuck the part full of seeds. With regard to carrots and such yes you have a core left of 'wasted' veg but me and my daughter love to nibble on that while prepping food so no different from other methods just more fun. Cleaning wise it can be a bit fiddly with the blades but I find washing immediately with a long bristled brush eliminates the problems, if you don't have time straight away just leave it to soak so nothing gets dried on. I can't recommend this highly enough for someone who wants to improve their diet with minimal expense and effort. It's minutes to prepare a quick salad and because everything is cut so fine any dressing covers more surface so every mouthful is delicious. Just get one, they are amazing
on 21 August 2012
This is an amazing little gadget. Easy to use and easy to wash afterwards ( a REAL plus for me). I just keep it in the box in a cupboard and bring it out when I need it. I have wanted one of these for a long time and looked at a variety of different models, chose this one and I have not been disappointed.
on 1 August 2014
I absolutely love this gadget! Since receiving it a week ago, I've used it almost daily. It makes terrific long ribbons of vegetables that look stylish and add a different dimension to a meal.

A tip: if you are making a noodle or spaghetti dish, make 1/3 of the usual amount and a few minutes before the end of cooking, toss in your pile of spiralised carrots or courgettes, mix them up with the noodles/spaghetti and then serve as usual. Spag Bol is now a healthy, low-starch meal.
on 26 February 2015
It does the job! Of course it leaves a core in the middle, thats how it holds the vegetable on (this seemed to be a problem for many reviewers). It is a great product and easy to use and clean, suction cups at feet make this plastic spiralizer very sturdy. Very good product.