on 7 July 2012
Worked well when it did but died after a month, shame
on 17 June 2014
Very very happy would recommend to anyone great communication between seller as buyer product arrived quickly and is great for charging my iPhone 4S I'm off to America on 120 mile trek and I've sampled this to see it's capabilities I'm not worried and looking forward to it coming on the adventure with me thanks POWERBEE
on 30 June 2014
Very Good!
Small and light.
Nice design.
on 9 August 2015
very good , I get about 5 full charges out of it
on 20 September 2014
Used in Spain. Did the job, good value.
on 14 September 2015
Didnt really hold its charge very well.
on 27 August 2013
Firstly, I'll come clean and state that I did not buy the PowerBee Elite from Amazon, however I would definitely recommend using Amazon if you do decide to purchase as I bought direct from their site and had a number of problems which culminated in PowerBee claiming my device was never returned and me losing my money through theft.

I initially received my PowerBee and took it to the Glastonbury festival, where it did successfully recharge my iPhone a couple of times using the initial charge. Despite being outside 14 hours+ in glorious sunshine for four straight days however, the solar unit only recharged a negligible amount (enough to provide 1% of an iPhone battery.)

I reported this problem to PowerBee, who were initially very helpful and told me that I would have to keep the unit oriented directly South and at a 45 degree angle to see a reasonable recharge rate. After another week of fantastic sunny weather with the device positioned as recommended, the unit had not recharged itself at all. I returned the PowerBee in a heavily sealed envelope but never received the replacement I was promised. PowerBee informed me that the envelope arrived empty (I have evidence that it was not sent this way) and that the envelope did not appear to have been tampered with during the posting process.

Having done some research online, I've seen at least two other reports of this happening with PowerBee and so wanted to leave a warning for others not to deal directly with them. I am personally of the opinion that a large number (if not all) of the devices simply don't recharge via the solar panel and that they knew that sending me a replacement unit is a futile effort. I would be happy to be proven wrong but unfortunately, my device was stolen somewhere along the line and I never received a replacement.

There are many other phone chargers available on Amazon that don't offer solar recharging, which are cheaper and have a higher capacity, so I couldn't recommend this to anyone.
on 10 May 2011
funky little piece of kit especially if you're away from civilisation (or a plug socket), just went camping and used it to charge my phone and a portable speaker (not at the same time). going to download fest this year i usually have to leave my phone off and turn it on at a certain time each day to receive phone calls from work... still might leave it off... but still it means i can use my phone to play music and even scam my friends out of a bit of cash to charge their phones... i had only one little niggle with this, and it wasn't with the product, it was in the manuel it says "keep away from extreme heat, flames and" ... you guessed it... "sunlight" still, it made me laugh more than anything, still a good product especially for the price payed, would recommend to anyone really.
on 2 May 2010
It takes one day to fully charge under solar light. The battery is enough to charge my htc magic.