on 14 May 2017
It's difficult to know exactly how well this works, but the idea is it's a slow release protein ideal for when you can't eat for a while, such as when sleeping.

In terms of the actual product, it's very different from Whey. It reminds me of semolina and thickens up milk or water very quickly so that takes a bit of getting used to. The only downside for me is I feel it's a bit too perfumed and sweeter than it needs to be, but it's not enough to stop me reordering.
on 10 January 2017
You couldn't say a bad thing when it comes to this product or even the seller, it does exactly what it says and tastes amazing and the smell is just something you look forward to. I recommend this to anyone as it comes in great size and it's all round perfect.
Also ignore the FAKE review about this product being 'fake' as it is 100% genuine.
review imagereview image
on 1 July 2016
Writing this as I was concerned about the amount of fakes reported. I have been ordering this product direct from Amazon for 3 years now and always received a genuine sealed Optimum Nutrition container, this one was genuine too with a use by date of 2018. I suspect the fakes are coming from marketplace sellers, so make sure you purchase direct from Amazon.

I tried the Vanilla and regretted purchasing, thought I tasted like sick. This review is for the Chocolate Supreme which is my preferred flavour. I mix using a quality Smartshake shaker and find it mixes easily, although slightly gritty compared to whey.
on 28 April 2016
Casein is famous for being a slow-digestion protein. I have been using this product for 6 months now, and over the course I can confidently say that never in the mornings I have woken up extremely hungry. It ensures that the user never enters a stage at which they are hungry, and thus hurt their muscle.

I would recommend this for those who would want to ensure that their body does not go hungry in the 6-8 hours they sleep.
on 18 December 2017
ON are one of the best supplements brand out there. From PWO to Protein the products are great! so this casein is not exception. I use it on training days just before bed to keep protein high and let the body recover muscle density during sleep. It's a little coarse, so need some getting used to the texture, but once you get into a rythm it works well.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 November 2017
My first time trying Casein, and, only been using it for bout 7-10 days.

Taste of this Chocolate version, as with ON's Gold Standard Whey Protein is very nice. With water.

Cannot say yet whether helped my recoveries and growth, but shall certainly buy more after this bag is gone.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 May 2017
This protein is so yummy! I don't think i want to go back to Whey, I love the pudding-like texture of this, it makes a great dessert haha. I can see why people wouldn't like it but personally I think it's great.
on 16 July 2017
Great tasting and easy to mix casein.
It forms a kind of gel, which I think is the magic of this blend.

Not the cheapest, but great quality
on 8 May 2015
Doesn't mix well and the taste is awful. Wouldn't buy again
on 1 March 2016
Bought the small 13 serving size of this Optimum Nutrition Casein and I have no regrets. Price is reasonable for the size and lasted up to a month as I only drank a shake before bed on days that I would train.

The chocolate supreme flavour tastes incredible. I have not tried other flavours and wouldn't feel the need to try anything else than this flavour.

Worked best with milk, as usual and was nice and thick. Ratio used was one scoop of casein to about 250ml/300ml milk.