Customer reviews

on 5 December 2010
I bought this to house my Slik Pro 400DX and it fits it (plus the unattached pan and tilt handles) perfectly, with a little room to spare.

The zip arrangement threw me to start with (it undoes all the way round the base), but once it's assembled, the action on opening and closing is actually very smooth.

A good robust bag. I like it very much already!
on 5 June 2010
Very nice looking bag and if you have only got a basic tripod head it may just fit in, but, I have an 055CXPRO4 with an 808RC4 head and it won't even look at it otherwise I would have easily give it five stars. I thought the head may just fit in the folded-down position but I would have to take off two of the handles and then I am not sure. Now I will have to find a bag just to hold the head which is a real pain because I didn't want to separate them. Otherwise overall a very nice bag and decent zip (some have commented on forums about it having a poor zip, but it's fine really!) Check out the size first before you buy though and ignore the Manfrotto recommendations.
on 6 August 2010
Its good thick cloth, good reinforcement and solid base. Strap however is poor and when fully loaded with tripod and head the weight quickly becomes uncomfortable. A padded strap would make all the difference (or as I am doing add some foam to the strap).

Probably my fault for not buying the right bag but it is necessary to remove and replace the handles from the Manfrotto head I bought although the head itself does stay attached to tripod. Manfrotto 190XPRO and 804 RC2 pan tilt head.

AW

Prompt delivery,
on 3 January 2011
I put my tripod with attached tripod leveller and three-way head in this and carted it around for two weeks on a photographic holiday. The sides are not padded but the head area does offer some additional protection rather than just one layer of cloth. As a result it performed admirably, and after two weeks of carting my tripod around in it, I have no inclination to upgrade it for a higher spec'd version.
on 20 May 2010
Much more compact than the 80cm bag. This bag is far more manageable. It looks good in black with the red piping edges.Fits well with my 190 tripod and ball head.
on 1 April 2012
This is a good basic tripod bag.
For what it worth it should probably cost less than £30 but you are paying for the brand name and perhaps better quality.
My Manfrotto 190 XPROB tripod with attached 496 RC2 ball head fits nicely. The bag would have definitely benefited from having some padding but it is wide enough to put in you own layer of padding material if you feel you need it. A layer of thin foam or even bubble wrap would do it.

As someone here said, this bag should have been bundled together with Manfrotto 190 series tripod legs.
VINE VOICEon 24 September 2014
I have a 190XPROB tripod with the 804RC2 head. I love the bag, it is very good quality but I do have one caveat.

While the descriptions says the bag will take tripod with the head attached, I have found this impossible with all the handles attached to the tripod. The only way I can close the bag is to remove one of the handles. This is more of a nuisance than anything else, but I would have gone for the MGAG80 had I known this was going to be an issue.
on 3 August 2012
It is a tripod bag big enough to hold my manfrotto tripod so why do I use it to carry a 60x simmons spotting scope in it? Because it is big enough. You do not have to have a tripod bag but it makes your life a lot more easier if you do and the cost of this bag will not break the bank and you can even carry a hugely unweildy spotting scope in it - blast i need another one for my tripod.
on 5 December 2011
Essentially an overpriced fashion accessory, although it just fits my Velbon DV-7000 if the head goes in first. An adjustable strap fits over the shoulder but is uncomfortable to wear over one's back as only the ends are padded.
on 18 October 2011
Once again Manfrotto produced great product. My tripod fits just perfectly. Nice strap is easy to use and let place your bag on a shoulder. Highly recommended.

See one answered question