Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 20 September 2014
I went to see Bad Co when I was 14 yrs old and was quite close to the stage, at that time I'd been listening to the album over and over again and totally loved it and I was in love with Paul Rogers too.
So as you can imagine this album is full of wonderful memories for me, especially Seagull because when he sang this whilst playing the 12 string guitar I was in awe and still am when I listen to it now.
This is the best album the band ever did but their other albums are not to be sneezed at, they have an incredible beauty to their sound and after all these years the whole album gives me the same great pleasure I had when I first listened to it on vinyl.
on 15 May 2017
excellent album
on 10 February 2010
Remember buying the original vinyl LP back in 1974 from Asda on Nixon Street in Rochdale just before leaving school. It was an eagerly awaited release at the time after Free finally disbanded in 1973. It certainly did not disappoint then and neither does this re-release as part of the back to black vinyl collection.

The sound quality is excellent and makes up for having to live with the 1994 CD release for all these years. Pressed on 180g vinyl (this one weighed in at 182g) on the very colourful, Swan Song label. Sound is clear, well balanced and keeps the listener's attention throughout. Four tracks stand out on this album for me: Can't Get Enough, Rock Steady, Bad Company and not everyone's favourite Seagull. Seagull being the last tack with just the vocals and acoustic guitars is a real test of the quality of the pressing and for the horrors of clicks, particularly close to the record run-off. But in this case luck is with me, a `clickless' ending: perfect. One slight complaint is the record was housed in a cheap, thin paper sieve. Why the record company cannot spend slightly more on an antistatic paper/plastic vented sieve is really puzzling as these heavy vinyl pressings are not cheap. So it went straight into a new `Goldring Exstatic' vented sieve for real protection and ease of release for playing.

The sound format of this album was to me similar to Free, solid percussion and bass, well-constructed, melodic guitar work and excellent vocals. A real `solid, together' sound. The drums and bass are really strong on this release and you hear and feel every hit/note, perfect vinyl sound.

I think this album was a very good opener and in my view the band got better with the next two albums: Straight Shooter and Running With The Pack. Hopefully we will get these re-released as well shortly. Strongly recommend this vinyl copy.
on 27 December 2011
Nice album, and well worth adding to a collection if you dont have it. I think this is around the 140gramme vinyl, so the recording is very good, and well worth the money.
on 17 October 2006
This 24 karet gold cd is a must for a bad company fan, Steve Hoffman has done it again,he has the magic touch, i have the remasterd verson from the late 90,s which sounds great, but this verson is is wicked,when i first played this gold verson it b

rought a big smile to my face it gave me goose pimples, it's Bad Company in my living room it' so dynamic, go and buy it before it's deleted hopefully they bring out Stight Shooter.

mp.
on 3 June 2014
Classic rock album from this offshoot of Free. Would appeared to loves of 6
70s rock. Can't get enough and seagull my personal favourites.
on 14 September 2009
I had this as a vinyl many years ago.
It is a superb album with many fantastic tracks.
It is a very worthy album to add to any collection.
on 18 April 2014
the original superb, legendary album on vinyl. Its the best way to hear your music! Paul Rodgers the best rock vocalist ever!
on 26 May 2016
The record is fine and plays ok. However the condition of the cover is not good. There is far more damage than was described
on 15 February 2014
Have played this at many house parties and goes down a storm, great album. Definitely worth every penny, grab it today!