on 12 November 2012
I bought these last week and after having numerous pairs of Hunters in the eighties and nineties thought they would live up to their past reputation, how wrong I was. If you want blisters on your heels and I mean blisters, these are the boots for you.I have not had blisters like this since my square bashing days of the seventies but any manufacturer who puts a seam down the back of a boot to the ankle is asking for trouble. I unfortunately threw the box away and have worn them in the local muddy fields so won't be able to send them back so the one place they are going is in the dustbin,over a hundred pounds wasted. The only good point is the supplier delivered them the next day. I now wish they hadn't.
I am totally disappointed and will never buy a hunter product again.
on 17 August 2011
Possibly the best wellies I have owned. Even though they were quite expensive I would say that they are definitley worth it. I spent the entire weekend wearing them at T in the Park 2011 and had no complaints whatsoever, no leaks, no aches, good grip as it was very muddy and they were so comfortable.

If you can justify the cost then they are a must!
on 17 April 2014
I have owned a pair of these wellies for approximately six months. I am a farmer so have worn them most days. There are now cracks on the side of the wellies and the left foot is leaking so my toes get wet. Very poor quality for the price. Have always worn Hunter wellies, but now I am finally giving up on them and will never buy another pair!
on 26 January 2016
I originally bought a pair of Hunter Balmoral Neoprene boots when they were still made in Scotland. These developed a leak and so refusing to give up I purchased a new pair 2 years ago , this time made elsewhere. This pair sadly two years later developed a leak, which was unfortunately outside the 1 year warranty. When I bought them I had made a special effort to retain the invoice etc. I went back to the retailer, who predictably said "out of warranty" but went on to say I should contact Hunter. This I did sending pictures of the boots and leak ( on the rubber gusset thing behind the zip down the side). Anyway to the credit of Hunter they kindly sent me a replacement pair. So fairs fair. Good customer relations.
on 30 November 2010
These wellies are simply the best winter footwear I have ever owned. In normal wellies your feet freeze but in these your feet stay lovely and warm. I think there is a design flaw with them though in as much as the seam down the lining splits at the heel (I sent one pair back because of this and got them replaced, only for these to split also!) but apart from that they're great. Worth every penny, and they were a lot of pennies!! Even my husband has a pair now and loves them, even though his middle name could be Ebeneezer!!!!
on 19 February 2014
I bought these for my husband. He needed a sturdy pair for boots mostly for taking the dog for a walk in the winter. Having read various reviews about these boots I was cautious about the risk of blisters. My husband doesn't normally have problems with blisters (and he wears mountain boots on a near daily basis) so thought I'd take the chance as so many people also liked them. However he can't walk for more than 10 minutes without these boots beginning to rub. He's really disappointed as despite his efforts to persevere he's struggling to break them as it always results in sore heels.
on 29 November 2011
Already have the classic Balmoral Hunters and bought these as a replacement. The quality is brilliant. Good neoprene lining and decent sole and grip. They feel really well made and up to the job of being worn everyday through the winter. The changeable insoles (thick and thin) offer comfortable support and is a good upgrade from the standard Balmorals. I have also noticed that these wellies appear lighter in weight than my previous pair but maintain their rugged and solid build. Overall a good buy I hope and a really good price on amazon!
on 14 October 2015
NO MORE HUNTERS BALMORAL FOR ME - I'VE HAD 2 PAIRS NOW, USED FOR DOG WALKING ONLY, AND THEY ALL LEAKED IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS. THE BLACK SOLES ALL STARTED TO SEPARATE FROM THE UPPER GREEN PART. RESPONSE FROM MANUFACTURER LEFT A LOT TO BE DESIRED. I HAVE USED A BLACK SILICONE RUBBER TO DO A TEMPORARY REPAIR ON THE LAST PAIR, SO FAR AFTER 3 MONTHS THIS TEMPORARY REPAIR IS OK.
on 2 January 2016
These are ideal for walking our dogs, gardening and general outdoor activities. Most of all these boots are comfortable compared to previous boots that I have owned. When I wear these boots it's as comfortable as wearing a pair of slippers! Easy to keep clean, good quality. I would purchase again.
on 8 September 2011
My husband shoots and is out every second night with them on and he loves them. He had a foot rebuilt after years of football and they have an orthopedic footbed and extra insoles to make them more snug. If he could get off with wearing them all the time he would its the comfiest thing he wears.

See one answered question