Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 November 2009
A good collection this. First 10 tracks or so are jazz-rockier type, in the style of " Another Green World";later tracks much more ambient like "Apollo".Apart from one track that spoils the other-worldlier atmosphere , the whole album is a very good collection of Enos work.
VINE VOICEon 17 November 2010
I bought this on CD when it was first released, and only realised much later that in the first batch of CDs, the track titled Climate Study is in fact a duplicate of Approaching Taidu. I've heard that later CDs don't have this problem. By the time I discovered this, it was too late to get a replacement, so I thought I would download the mp3 of Climate Study. Unfortunately, the audio clips on Amazon suggest that the real Climate Study is *still* missing!

I suppose it's possible that the CD is correct, but the mp3s were drawn from an early source. Perhaps that only applies to the audio clips, and the mp3 itself is OK. However, even though it's less than a quid, I baulk at paying for a track that I have already paid for (but didn't get) which still might turn out to be wrong! I shall have to hunt elsewhere.

Regardless of this, I don't consider this to be an essential Eno album, unless you're a completist (in which case you need to be certain that Climate Study really is there). The tracks that were unique to Music For Films 2 are interesting, but I find that the noisier jazzy tracks clash with the gentler ambient material, more so than in the original Music For Films (which I like a lot more).
on 12 June 2016