on 30 March 2012
Just got this and it works pretty good for a 2W RMS system. As the other review suggests it turns on instantly and works in sunlight. Id like to add though that just having it on my window sill during a overcast day didn't provide enough power to use it or charge it but as soon as I walked outside it powered up instantly and started charging and blasting music from the MP3 player I have connected. Inside this unit is a 950Mah Li-ion battery that will give you about 8 hours at any volume when fully charged. In the kit you get lots of useful wires for connecting it to a variety of phones and 2.5mm or 3.5mm jacks and also a usb 5v charging wire if you just wanna charge the battery quick. Why 4 stars then you ask perhaps? Its simple, you have to have it switched on to charge. Having the unit switched on means the internal class A amplifier is powered up so ul always be wasting the power of the amp even at no volume as class A amplifiers of this size generally use a variable resistor to waste the power to lower volume rather than reducing power output to lower volume like in other class amps (eg D). Anyways yeah so it works great but I gave it 4 stars as I can't help but think it should charge while off. Perhaps il crack it open in a years time after the warranty expires and add a switch to isolate the amp circuit from the battery charging circuit.

Anyhoo if you are like me and were hovering over the buy button wondering if this unit will be good to use while out and about with friends so you can sit and relax in the sun listening to music then yes grab this now. At £15 its great and still £39.99 on some ebay sellers.

Edited:

Id like to add that I emailed kitsound about the charging only while on issue and was contacted by one of the designers who informed me it does indeed charge while off and charges quicker and is able to charge in lower light though my window when overcast due to the lack of the draw of the LED and LCD. So yeah really this gets 5 stars now!
on 31 August 2011
This Kit Sound - Infinity X Solar Speaker, is a neat little speaker.

It has a very nice clear sound, for the size. (Off course it is not bassheavy, it's a small speaker!)

The solarpower works perfect!!! Even with a totally drained battery, place it in the sun and it starts to play immediatly.

Playbacktime is amazing, I've fully charged it using the usb-port and after 200 songs at 50% volume, still 4 bars on the battery indicator.

The display also shows you, how much power you're getting out of your solarcell. In perfect conditions you are able to listen to music and charge your battery at the same time.

One star down for the short 3,5mm line in cable, its only around 6 inches short.
on 5 October 2012
Bought when half price, £19.99.

Love it for using in the bathroom with my smartphone or around the house with tablet or even laptop as sound better than the laptop built in speaker.

No batteries and charge last longer than expected. Easy to top up on windowsill.

Great little speaker for price.
on 27 December 2012
I got this to use when chilling back at the tents at a festival this summer. I had low expectations and just wanted something which was slightly louder than a phone speaker and wouldn't drain the phone battery.

I was impressed with the volume. You can hear it from over 10 metres away at a busy festival. Sound clarity is decent but it does lack bass. Over the duration of the weekend it kept full charge and was kept on during most of the day. Have to say I'm very impressed with its whole performance.

I am now using it in my kitchen and it still working very well. I was fully expecting a throw away product but have been surprised. I can't see it going wrong anytime soon.

Definitley recommended for festivals at very least.
on 30 July 2013
I have kept this product on my windowsill and it has not run out of battery since I have had it despite daily use.
Will charge in relatively low sunlight and appears to have a very good battery life.
They can achieve an impressive volume while maintaining sound quality.

I have found it particularly useful in taking to the beach or the park.
on 12 May 2014
I was concerned when I first got it because one of the reviews says it doesn't charge unless it's on, but when it was turned on and not plugged into anything and charging from the sun it made a HORRIBLE noise, so I checked the instructions and it said nothing about it needing to be turned on to charge, only needing to be turned on to read the charge display, so I turned it off and left it in the sun for the day and it did fully charge from completely drained. And plays music very nicely to quite a decent volume.
It hasn't made the noise since, but then I don't leave it turned on to charge it...
on 18 August 2014
Bought this for use at a festival charged it before I left and kept it in the sun when it was out and did not run out on me at all, would have been nice if it was just a bit louder, but for a cheap piece of kit well worth the purchase
on 16 May 2015
It's it one of my better investments.
The battery lasts forever and it charges really well, even though there might be a bit of an overcast.
on 28 April 2012
Works well for a BBQ and decent sound that's more than good enough to listen and chat over. Summer time enjoy
on 3 January 2015
Great piece of technology - surprisingly loud

See one answered question