TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 May 2017
After fifty years in the music industry, the legendary band The Shadows decided to call it a day with a retirement tour and a stunning two CD/DVD collection that for all it is, is a must have for fans of the band.

Sadly at the time, I couldn't attend one of these retirement shows and I actually forgot that The Final Tour was actually released on CD. When I came across it in a deal with a hefty The Shadows box-set I didn't hesitate to pick it up and I am very glad that I didn't.

The Shadows' music will never be known as the most complex in the world but it is very easy to make their music sound bad. Thankfully the band appear to have kept in top shape with some fantastic lead guitar by Hank Marvin, rhythm guitar from Bruce Welch, Brian Bennett on drums with Mark Griffiths and Cliff Hall on bass guitar and keyboards respectively. What the band play is a very easy going rock n roll set list that is a surprisingly easy listen considering it is nearly two and a half hours long. The Final Tour features forty two of the bands most well known songs from the solo Apache and FBI to the well known Cliff Richard singles Summer Holiday and Bachelor Boy.

The production for The Final Tour has been very nicely handled with each instrument getting the right amount of air time. Not once do any of the band members get drowned out and it is quite nice through a big set of speakers and headphones. I particularly loved the tone that is used by Hank Williams and it is great to hear it still a live and well after all these years.

For those interested, this package is most definitely worth it for the DVD alone. The video quality is about as nice as you'll get from a 2008 DVD disc, the audio quality is just as clear and along with the double disc live album, it makes for a superb package. If you don't have and are a fan of The Shadows, get it. If you love rock n roll in general, get it. The packaging isn't the greatest but the contents is superb.

Published by Steven Lornie of Demonszone
on 9 December 2014
There are very few absolutely "world-class" lead guitarists who can aspire to the height Hank Marvin reached. He plays the guitar like its an extension of his body - and even playing live gigs, the Shadows sound easily as good as they do in the studio recording an album.
For me, the Shadows have a unique sound that is timeless and all of their big hits from the late 50's - through to the early 80's when Hank joined up with Mark Knopfler - are on this double-album.
The Final Tour 2CD + DVD collection was recorded live in Cardiff and the Shads sound every bit as good as they did through the previous five decades!
This is THE essential double album for anyone who enjoys guitar instrumentals, plus covers of many of Cliff's big hits.
on 24 June 2017
great cd ,love the shads, all the records from past bring back lot of good teenage memories for me ..a must for any fans ,
on 17 July 2015
I have always liked The Shadows music. Also, I have always loved to see their live performances (have a quick research on YouTube and you wil know why). Therefore, I always wanted to own a DVD. As soon as I found this one with a great price, I did not even think twice.
And I do not regret purchasing a little. This collection includes some of the finest songs by The Shadows in an amazing concert and an amazing performance. There are only two things that make it lose a star from me:
- Some of the best songs were left out of this collection. Personally, I think songs like "The Miracle", "Return to the Alamo", "Rodrigo's Guitar Concerto de Aranjuez", "Guardian Angel", "Cool Clear Air", "Hammerhead", and others, were good enough to fit in this collection. But then again, some had to be left behind, right?
- The sound is not quite good. One will readily notice it is not as clear as it should be, and that the lead guitar sound is even distorted. If you listen to The Final Reunion you will notice the same songs, most notably "Dance On!" and "Shadoogie", have a quite better sound.
on 13 September 2013
Ok I listen to all sorts of music from opera to jazz from Korn to Cliff Richard - but I got a special thrill from this album to hear this sound again. Plus just look at the value and what you get. Its amazing which ever way you look at it - it is a gift ... and all I can say to the fellas is more, more, MORE!! Do yourself a favor and buy this three disc set for a total of 6.44 (the DVD was worth 6 pounds on its own to me!!) AND the reunion with Cliff for 2.38. IT WILL put a smile on your face! A wonderful matchless gift of a very special sound. If I could I would give 10 stars.
on 13 June 2014
What can one say about the finest instrumental band in the world? This has all their hits and lots more , both on cd and dvd. It is a little known fact that Hank Marvin was the inspiration to Mark Knoffler, Pete Towshend, and Bert Weedon in kick-starting their musical careers as guitarists. The sounds that Hank coaxes out of his Fender are legendary and the Shadows' Sound is instantly recognisable. This is a great set and highly recommended.
on 17 July 2016
This cd shows that the Shadows have not lost their touch. I am thoroughly enjoying it and it has all my favourites on it, well worth buying. I definitely recommend this cd, you will not be disappointed.
on 12 April 2017
This is a birthday present for my husband and I haven't given it to him yet but I know he will love it.
on 26 August 2017
Bought this for my Mum and she loves it.
on 3 March 2014
I have always liked this group because you can hear all the notes the Hank plays htey are wonderful musisans and play great music that is reconisable when you hear the few notes. The album was well recorded both sound and vision, was certainly a very good price was packed well and I am looking for another artist that I might like to buy a similar item to purchase.