on 31 October 2016
What can you say about such a product??

I'm using a number of these in Moleskine journals, and other books, I received a small notebook which comes everywhere with me, for recording notes, site meetings or just sketching ideas - the biggest issue was the lack of somewhere to keep a pen - problem solved!

The great range of colours allows you to match existing notebook colours or personalise them for easy identification (most of my books look the same).

As all my notebooks have a back pocket, I just cut a small slot at the bottom and push the loop through, it looks more original, doesn't require sticking down and means when the book is full, it can go in the new one - I'm not a cheapskate (honest) - just every little helps!

One complaint is that the loops are quite skinny, I'm no pen snob, so cope happily with a Bic biro or Papermate Flair, but even the flair is close to the limits of what the loops will accept.
on 20 September 2017
I have bought these to go with my past two Moleskine diaries for 2015 and 2016 and will be purchasing again for 2017. The adhesive is very strong and each time they have lasted for the life of the diary with no problems. The great thing is that I never have to search for a pen in my handbag! I tend to use a uniball signo TSI gell pen with my diary as these are erasable so easy to rub out if plans change. These pens fit fine in the loop. As do most other uniball pens i have tried. I did try with a Sharpie and i go it in fine in the loop after reading the other reviews just to check.
review image
on 11 December 2017
Too tight for most of my fountain pens, which seems a major issue given that a large proportion people using Leuchrturm’s stuff would be fountain pen users. None of my Lamys fit.

Sticks well, but the pad is a bit thick even stuck to the outside of the back cover of my notepad, there’s a noticeable bump in the paper towards the end of the notepad.
on 19 April 2018
I tried loads of ways to store my pen: in my pocket, in my mouth, behind my ear, perched precariously on the end of my nose, but dang-it, nothing seemed to work until one day a friend said "Hey chum, have you tried the Leuchtturm 1917 Pen Loop?". I immediately took the pen off my nose and said "No, I haven't" and now I can say proudly that my pen sits snugly in the Leuchtturm 1917 Pen Loop.

Unfortunately the Leuchtturm 1917 Pen Loop doesn't come with instructions about where to put the loop once the pen's in it, so I've stuck it to my ear. Works a treat (mostly).
on 25 April 2017
Have this stuck to the inside cover of my hardback notebook which I use daily for work. I was skeptical of the adhesive staying on properly and worried about losing my pen (a pretty weighty cross pen) but I have had this on for about 4 months now and no signs of it coming loose at all.

Will be buying again when I change notebooks.
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 June 2015
This is now an essential for every notebook that I buy. The sticky leather pad is easy to apply, and the elastic loop holds a pen really well (in fact it manages to hold my rather thin Cross mechanical pencil very firmly, which I find impressive, as nothing else seems to).

The only problem is that they're not really re-usable. By the time you're finished a notebook, that glue just isn't coming off.
on 21 April 2016
This would have had 5 stars but for one significant flaw. I attached two of these to a clipboard I use for meetings, and slotted in a pair of quite expensive, quality pens - a fountain pen for preference and a rollerball for back-up when the cartridge runs out.
All seemed well until I removed the pens for use and found that both of them had accumulated a film of glue. Clearly, the glue used in manufacture has not yet completely gone off, and I'm now going to have to use a solvent to remove it from the pens with the risk of damage to the fine finish on the barrels.
In all other respects these loops are great - but don't put a pen you care about into one, at least for the first few months.
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 October 2015
I bought this pen loop to attach to my iPad cover so that I could keep my Wacom stylus handy for use. It appears to be well made and the sticky pad seems to hold well onto the leather case. My stylus is a bit of a tight fit at present but I'm guessing that, with use, the elasticated band will ease off a bit so that inserting or taking out the stylus will become easier.
The reason that I haven't given this product a five star rating is because you are restricted to black in colour and, useful as it is, I feel that the price is a bit steep for what is essentially an elasticated band.
on 6 March 2017
Its Ok but I've since seen a neat way to wrap the elastic of the book in a way that hold a pen nicely, so this is pretty expensive for what it now no longer needs to do.
on 10 October 2016
Very pleased with the fact that I can attach this pen loop to my Leuchtturm notebook with white tack. Even if I have to struggle to get a pen into the loop, it stays put on the back pocket of the notebook. This means I'll be able to use the pen loop on another notebook once I've finished with this one.
I'm using Uniball Eye gel pens now which go in & out quite easily.