on 7 May 2017
This is always my go-to weekly read for up-to-date, informed and thoughtful political journalism of the highest order. Never fails!
6 people found this helpful
on 14 December 2014
This was an interesting enough read. I have never read 'The Spectator' before either on Kindle or on paper, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I found the articles interesting but I was expecting more of them. I'm not sure whether I would buy this again unless a particular edition contained an article which I especially wanted to read. I didn't think the Kindle version presented any problems but, as I say, have never bought the paper version so have nothing with which to compare this.
One person found this helpful
on 4 June 2018
Makes me look forward to Thursdays. Good, thought-provoking writing with which I don’t always agree but always appreciate and enjoy reading. Far and away the best commentary on what is going on round us available el tronically at a fair price.
on 29 May 2018
Mostly pretty good. I skip. Matthew Parris's regular extended lament for our departure from the EU and the articles about fine wines and horseracing. It cheers me that Speccie hasnt been infected by PC.
on 8 December 2012
I love the Spectator, but now that I have moved over to an all-singing, all-dancing Kindle Fire I can no longer get it, there not being an app. apparently. One would have though that with the seemingly unlimited resources of Amazon and the more finite resources of the Spectator that a way could be found so that such as I no longer have to endure withdrawal symptoms now that the Spectator is no longer available on my new toy.
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 18 July 2017
Good honest articles not 'fake news'!
2 people found this helpful
on 19 June 2018
This was a Christmas gift from my family and it has more than exceeded my expectations. It keeps me up to date with current affairs and new books to read.
on 17 June 2013
Enjoyed this magazine. Wanted to read something different on my Kindle whilst on holiday, so gave The Spectator a try. Good, well written, thought provoking articles, on varied subjects, relevant to today. Easy to navigate round the Kindle edition, as you can view the contents lists in different layouts and select what you want to read. Great value as well, at £1.49 an issue as against £3.50 for the print edition. Subscription looks excellent value at £2.99 a month.
on 18 June 2018
Generally some interesting and lively articles but some need to be more pithy.
on 18 September 2015
I quite like this publication. Don't know why but I always thought of as being more on the right but actually it's quite balanced
2 people found this helpful