Customer reviews

Sister Act
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 September 2017
If you haven't seen the stage show, be aware that the story is slightly different and the songs are completely different from the film. If you've seen the stage show this CD has all the songs.
on 19 October 2017
fine
on 5 November 2009
Okay, not the best Musical Soundtrack I ever bought, but the best one to come out for a while, and it really is fantastic!

Patina Miller shines as Deloris Van Cartier (probably one of the most amazing Broadway / West-End singers I have ever heard!) I was completely blown away by the sheer power of her voice, and this really is a fun soundtrack. Primarily a disco score, there's a good mix of songs on there, from soft slow songs to full-out belters with powerhouse performances from the cast.

And when they say it's a musical comedy, they mean it! From the hilarious stories in "How I Got The Calling" to the dark and sickeningly funny "When I Find My Baby", I was laughing out loud, and that isn't usually something I do with musical soundtracks!

Alan Menken's genius strikes again with this addictive and uplifting score that you just can't help but move to and want to break into song yourself with!

Buy it - you won't regret it!
on 31 July 2009
I received the CD today and it's just fantastic! (think "Raise Your Voice" is a particular favourite of mine!). I too saw the show in London a few weeks ago and it's just fantastic! Although all the music is new, it does still have the same feel as the film and every single song is so catchy that you can't help but hum the tunes as you leave the Theatre! But if you can't get to see the show then this CD will more than make up for it, as the vocals are all superb! You'll soon be clapping your hands and tapping your feet I can tell you! So what are you waiting for....get into the 'Habbit' of listening to this CD and you won't be disappointed!!
on 27 July 2009
One word describes this show, AMAZING! I saw it on it's first official Saturday performance, and it was the most amazing, uplifting production I have ever had the luck to see on the professional stage. Most shows you have the dud songs and the dud moments, but I was grinning from ear to ear, from Whoopi's stage manager announcement to the curtain call. And now I own the soundtrack, I would recommend anybody who wants a Fabulous collection o uplifting fun songs, regardless of whether you're into musicals or not, this should be part of anyone's collection! Some of the highlights include 'Fabulous Baby!' 'Take Me To Heaven Reprise', title track 'Sister Act' and the show stopping promotion number 'Raise Your Voice' a star has been made in Patina Miller, and great support from the rest of the cast, Sheila Hancock, Julia Sutton, Claire Greenway and in particular, Katie Rowley Jones, who nearly is as amazing as Patina. Buy it now, don't think about it, just buy it!
on 23 July 2009
I went to see Sister Act - The Musical as a birthday gift on Saturday June 20th and fell in love with the great new twist to the Sister Act story.

The songs are great, the acting is spot on and the set is one of the best sets I've seen in a long time.

The songs are well written and the musical score is fitting to the Sister Act legacy.

My favourite numbers from the show are:

Take Me to Heaven
Fabulous, Baby
Raise Your Voice
Sister Act
&
Spread The Love Around

Only you can make your own mind up when it comes to the songs but take my word for it, buy the CD and order your tickets to see the show!!

It'll be well worth the money!
on 9 July 2009
I saw this show on 8th July 09 and it was terrific. A little slow to start as it's just setting up the story but once the sisters start to learn how to sing with Dolores as their teacher, it's blasts the roof off the theatre and lifts your heart and soul! Patina Miller as Dolores is absolutely fantastic - a total star! The sisters are amazing and the songs are great fun. The standing ovation and thunderous applause & cheering proved that the audience loved the show.
A wonderful night out - you'll be singing along before you know it.
Highly recommended - book tickets now!
on 29 June 2009
When I saw this show a few weeks ago, I was so surprised! I've seen many musicals and normally, I do not like the "feel good" ones as much as I love drama. But to be honest, Sister Act must be the biggest surprise ever! What a show, this is a must see for everyone!!! The audience was going wild and crazy!!!

Can't wait till my copy of this cd arrives!
on 19 July 2009
I bought this CD at the London show and it's great! The songs are totally different from those in the flim, but are still foot-tapping and catchy. I would highly recommend this. The singers are truly fantastic and Patina Miller (Delores)is amazing! Buy this if you loved the film and go to see the show if you can, it's well worth it!
on 6 July 2009
Well, I thought this show was brilliant. The music was a little like dreamgirls, and instantly catchy thanks to Manken's Genius.

The live performances were great, so this CD is sure to be just as good.

I cannot wait to hear it again!