on 24 March 2011
My granddaughter, who is 2, loves this, it is educational as well as fun. She learns about fruit, colours and counting as well as recognising the different stages of the caterpillar and all the food he has eaten. Reading the story once is never enough for her, she wants it again and again.
on 17 December 2010
I bought this as a gift for a 3 year old girl, and was not disappointed. It is really good value for money. We are very fond of the story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and this is the first spin off product we've purchased. Our daughter can re-tell the story using the felt pieces or modify the tale into her own special message of eating and waiting. We even use it to help reinforce counting, colours and Day and Night etc., so I find it very useful educationally. It's bigger than I expected (should have read the product dimensions more carefully!). I wholeheartedly recommend it.
on 27 December 2013
You don't get much for your money to be honest, but the 2 year old I bought it for seemed to like it. The board is a bit smaller than I expected and the shapes don't stick as well as the old fuzzy felt we used to have in the 80's - they 'stick' but if you tip the board up they tend to fall off unless you have pressed them down firmly with an adult hand. Nice and colourful and kept my niece entertained for a while even though she is a bit young to make a story with the shapes, she seemed to enjoy sticking the shapes to the board.
on 6 July 2013
I bought this for my nephews 2nd birthday and he loves it! It's a nice idea and he makes up different stories every time he uses it. There are no small parts and is very child friendly. It comes in a very handy plastic case so you can keep it clean and store it away easily. It's such a good thing to use in a child's development as it is creative and uses imagination. Good service, well packaged and fast service. Thank you
on 10 June 2013
This felt playboard is a lot of fun for small children, even older primary school age. It's like creating an instant drawing which they can change as many times as they want - with no mess! My children found it delightful.
Although the board is big is not quite big enough for the amount of pieces included - the kids will need to use some self-control and limit how many parts they try to put on the picture all at once. Also one piece is missing from the story - the tiny egg. Having said that, the children enjoyed adding all the other pieces showing the caterpillar turning into a butterfly.
Another plus point is the useful carrybag it comes in - perfect for taking on trips.
on 22 April 2014
I bought this for my three year old grand-daughter and she is delighted with it. Apparently now, when having the story read to her, she puts all the characters, etc. into place on the board. It appears to be quite sturdy and, when pressed down, the felt pictures stick well to the board. Perfect for good hand/eye co-ordination and language skills.
on 3 November 2014
Nice for developing vocabulary, especially if you've been reading the book with your little one. I suspect it has limited life-span as there's only so much you can do with it, but it's nice quality felt/board and felt shapes, nice carry case, easy to pack away quickly. Don't regret spending money on it.
on 9 April 2013
I bought this for my two year old grandson when he came to stay for the weekend. He did enjoy playing with it, but not in the way it was intended and not for very long. I think he will enjoy it more once his concentration span increases,
on 8 July 2012
We purchased this specifically for our 18 month old son to use on a recent plane flight (other son had similar toy, different character) and the accompanying travel either side of the journey. Kept him quiet and entertained for short periods of time, but has the ability to be easily packed away and got out again when required. The plastic wallet it came in was bigger than i expected, but this is due to the size of the board so not a bad thing plus it keeps all the bits together. This toy will definitely keep our son entertained as he gets older and can start to use his imagination to play with it on his own. I would consider purchasing the same products with different branding for both boys as it was a fun way to play wihout creating lots of mess!
on 31 December 2012
I bought this for my son who is 2yrs 3 months at the time of receipt. As soon as I opened it I was really pleased and he was too when he opened it on Christmas morning. The felt background is really big and it comes with lots and lots of felt pieces to play with, the colours are bright and vivid and the shapes are obviously taken from the books so are easily recognisable. My son immediately engaged with it and played with it then and there despite other presents being ready to open. The plastic case it came in was useful as it's very slim and easy to put away, rather than a box and we liked that you could see the picture you'd made through the case. I also like that the case comes with a handle so it's more like a bag.

In all we really liked it and it's good for playing with in the car and when out and about. If there was one thing I'd have liked, it would have been components to make our own caterpillars.