Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now

on 15 June 2012
A genuine item that seals perfectly for a considerable period of time. I have now purchased a second as a standby, because, although they last for ages, once they begin to fail, immediate replacement is the best option. I have quoted the Prestige reference number 96461 in the title, as I feel it could be useful to other prospective buyers.
on 12 April 2011
I'm a big fan of my pressure cooker - and was interested to see that in a recent Masterchef competition, one of the contestants used a pressure cooker to produce a delicious pot-roast, which would normally have taken several hours. He got through to the next round!

It's a very old-fashioned utensil that pays for itself time and time again. For example, I use every part of a chicken, as the bones remaining on the carcass can be very quickly made into a rich, delicious stock (via the additon of a few herbs etc). You can do the same with the shells of prawns (put the shells in a bag in the freezer if you don't want to make stock immediately after you've eaten the prawns). In either case, you've the makings of a superb risotto, or sauce - and you can freeze the stock until you need it. A pressure cooker can also produce a casserole in minutes, rather than hours, without danger of drying out - and has a number of other advantages.

The rubber gasket occasionally wears out and becomes ineffectual, which is why I needed to replace it. The replacement arrived promptly, fitted perfectly and the pressure cooker is back in service. Thank you!
on 16 October 2010
Very poorly finished item. Gasket is formed in a mold and then the excess seal has not been trimmed properly. looks like a cheap copy product. Exchanged by Amazon because the first one didn't seal properly, the second one wasnt much better, contacted Meyer customer services who sent out one that seems to work better although it looks just as poorly made. Good customer service from both Amazon and Meyer but the product lacks quality.
on 26 February 2010
Just what my father ordered, although after a few days of use he decided that it was very difficult to open the pressure cooker, which shows that the seal works! He dunked the pan in cold water and found that the lid came off much easier then. Make sure that you order the right seal for your particular cooker, and I ordered two at once to save on postage.
on 26 July 2016
Complete waste of money, wrong size had to force it to fit as meal planned for a visitor. Did not work, steam came out from sides of lid so cooked it on a fairly high heat anyway until smell of burning. Had to salvage the contents, throwing out the burnt items and using a normal pan in order to get some sort of meal for my guest. Did not realise at time of ordering that this item was from China and received after a long wait.
VINE VOICEon 24 March 2015
I really should replace these more often. I've been struggling for a couple of years, using oil on the old gasket, and leaning on the lid while it comes up to pressure, adding more water to compensate for all the lost steam.... One new gasket and all I do is put the lid on and leave it be. These aren't that cheap, and don't last that long, which is why I struggle on when they start to leak, but it's silly really. A new gasket does the job.
on 10 April 2010
GENUINE PRESTIGE 96461 PRESSURE COOKER STAINLESS STEEL GASKET/SEAL - COLOUR - GREY

I am delighted with gasket/seal for the above-mentioned pressure cooker. I had a flood every time I was using my pressure cooker, it is now just like having a new one! brilliant1
on 29 April 2016
Useless, what was recieved was completely wrong size in every dimension and doesnt match the photo on the advert used for the product. Completely useless and a waste of money, why do amazon keep allowing adverts like this from 3rd world countries ?
on 16 March 2013
If you are buting this for your "Prestige Smartplus Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 6 Litre", then avoid by all means... It doesn't fit at all!! I had to return the first one and got a replacement from Amazon, which also didn't fit.. So I gave up and didn't even bother returning it again.. I should've listened to one of the reviews that was posted earlier advising to purchase it from Prestig website.
P.S. the 2 stars for Amazon customer service not for the product itself
on 29 January 2014
Having persevered for years with the existing rubber seal I was extremely pleased to purchase this replacement for my stainless steel pressure cooker. It took a little research to find the right size but my cooker now comes up to steam so much quicker than before and makes my life a whole lot easier!