on 5 February 2010
Was looking for a decent web cam for my laptop and I'm a first-timer so read lots of reviews/recommendations/talked to lots of friends.

Logitech seemed to come out on top most times but the model previous to this got a bit of mixed reviews due to software and the clip that keeps it on the screen.

This one is GREAT and has had no problems.

The clip works perfectly, plus it comes with a stand, and the software has been fine. I only did a partial install as I am using Skype for the online software, and the basic stuff is small and unintrusive on my machine.

Would definitely recommend this for picture quality, sound and overall ease of use.

Plus it's very cute and small and comes with a tiny travel pouch that you can pop in your laptop bag for when you're travelling.
on 26 March 2010
The Logitech C905 HD webcam for notebooks, is a smashing bit of kit, designed to clip onto Notebooks and laptops, or be used on an independent stand thats supplied with it. The sofware is very easy to install and with the plug and play USB connection, it took no time at all to get it up and running. The Carl Zeiss wide angle optics and the autofocus work very well and produce a picture of excellent quality. There aren't too many products that you can buy, that do exactly what they say on the box - this one of them!
on 31 March 2011
The C905 is much better than the built in webcams in my Sony and Toshiba laptops. It clips easily to
the screen edge. Forget the included stand; unless you fix it to what it's standing on, it will topple.

The video quality is very good, i.e. the sharpness, frame rate and low light ability are excellent,
but the two killer features of the C905 are the wide angle Zeiss lens and the autofocus.

It works flawlessly with Skype and the wide angle lens (I'm guessing the 35mm equivalent would be 21
or 24 mm) means you get a more "ambient" view of your surroundings than with my two built in cams.
The autofocus allows you to hold an item very close to the lens for a detailed view.

The built in microphone is recognised by Skype and the sound quality is also better than what my
two laptops provide.

For me, the quality improvement the C905 gives, warrants carrying an extra piece of equipment when I travel.
on 27 August 2011
I was looking for a small portable webcam to use on the road with both my work laptop and occasionally with a desktop machine. Have to say that the Logitech C905 fits the bill very well. It comes with its own soft little pouch for travelling and is easily 'clipped' to the top of the laptop screen. The cable is relatively short but that is an advantage for portable use. Also has desktop stand if needed. The clip on the back of the webcam, to attach to laptop/desktop stand, is the worst thing about the whole unit. I have to use both hands to fit the clip - a redesigned clip that I could fit one handed would make this perfect.
on 25 February 2011
Since I moved to this item from a camera half its price and a quarter its quality, I've had the pleasure of seeing that my loved-ones can see and hear me in a quality that befits my emminence. It sits atop a strange little pole beside my monitor (I'm not using it with a laptop for wehich i understand it is designed) which happens to be rather too "thick" to accomodate the clip-attachment; but I've rather got used to the pole op.
The control of (faux) focal length, focus (awesome) etc are easy and reliable.
I shall stay with this choice for a further purchase shortly for another computer.
on 23 May 2010
This product could not have been easier. So simple to install and use. Good resolution. Have taken photos of family in America. It's portable so can show different aspects/views or I can attach it to the laptop for a face to face conversation. I am really pleased with this web cam.
on 19 February 2011
This is the second portable webcam I purchased and it is a very quality product. Excellent video quality. I also appreciate the stand it comes with which allows for good positioning beyond just attaching it to the screen. This one is a keeper!
on 3 November 2011
Had to replace a previous webcam and I had to buy a microsoft cinema one and it never came close to the quality of the Logitech. Bought a new Logitech on Amazon and it was back to perfect pictures again. Anyone want to buy a microsoft webcam?
on 23 September 2010
A fantastic web camera! Whatever your need may be this Logitec C905 will provide.
It is able to shoot 720p video and looks fantastic over Skype. The only limiting factor will be your internet upload speed (requires an upload speed on 256kbps for great quality).
If you are looking for a quality camera you have found it.

Pros:
Installation was very easy (OS: Win 7 Home Premium),
it fits quite nicely on my laptop screen,
short USB cable (90cm) makes it easier to use with a laptop,
superb quality and setting tweaks.

Cons:
A little bit on the pricey side (but you get what you pay for).

I am sure this camera will be able to fit you needs perfectly for years to come.
on 9 November 2012
I bought this to contact my 2 children in Venezuela and France. It works very well and they reckon the picture they receive is very good. We have had no problems with it at all but the sound /microphone has to be reset every time we use it which doesn't take long at all.
It has a very sharp wide angle lens and was instantly recognised by our various computers.
It is designed to clip onto a laptop screen and therefore, when used on the supplied stand on a normal desktop computer is a bit unstable, you have to weight the base or it will probably fall over.
All in all a very good webcam and we are very pleased with it.