on 19 August 2012
I read Wool earlier this year, then went looking for more by Hugh Howey. In my time, I've read a lot of scifi, but HH's writing is refreshingly different. He seems to like a young female as his main protagonist (both in the Bern Saga and in Wool), but don't let that put you off, I think they're both pretty grown up for their age.

The subtitle, The Bern Saga, stumped me a bit, it's not until book two that you get to hear anything about that.

On the whole, easy to read, well written, with a few typos and odd words (drug as a past participle for drag, I don't think so!).

I was a bit worried that this might be a bit young for me; it's a dashing adventure story, but has plenty to interest all ages. I read book one in a couple of sittings, then downloaded 2, 3, and 4.

Now, what else has he written ...
on 15 December 2013
After reading the Wool trilogy I selected this book because it was also written by Hugh Howey. I was a bit disappointed as this story was not of the same quality as Wool and the plot was a little contrived but it was OK. The story didn’t progress too far but it’s the first in a series so not to worry. I bought the second in the series and Oh dear it got worse but I struggled through; then foolishly I bought the third book and this is over burdened with unnecessary descriptions. My advice don’t start the series you’ll only be disappointed.
on 21 August 2013
I bought this as I had enjoyed Wool so much, but it is obviously a teen series - exciting enough I suppose, but not to be compared with the marvels of The Silo! I will not be going on to the others, but would recommend the series for those in the appropriate age group, as it does touch on quite serious issues of morality and loyalty.
on 15 May 2013
The comic name in the title made m wonder whether this book was written tongue in cheek, but it's a very involving book, with solid, believable characters in a believable galaxy. A good plot, which leaves enough loose ends to make you want to read the next book. Could have done with some proofreading by someone better acquainted with English grammar (drug as the past tense of drag?), but fortunately the errors are not too numerous.
on 23 February 2014
This is a great story, lot's of action and interesting plot twists. Keeps you gripped up to the end and wanting to know what happens next. A good read for teenagers if your looking for something to get them into, but I enjoyed it as a bit of light reading.
on 31 July 2014
All of the Molly Fyde books are great fun. A good fast read, nicely written. The books constitute a single story, rather than standalone stories, so worth starting at the beginning and read in order. Definitely worth getting!
on 6 August 2014
I wasn't convinced that I would like this book, I'm not a big science fiction fan, but i couldn't put it down! How in earth does he come up with these ideas?

I've read most of Hugh Howey's other work and this doesn't disappoint.
on 29 August 2013
Mystery, the Milky Way, Love and Unusual Lifeforms! It's different and that makes all the difference. It's worlds away from Hugh Howeys "Wool"
on 6 January 2014
I bought this for a friend so will have to wait to see what she thinks but I bought it on the recommendation of your reviewers here. So Fingers crossed!!
Service, delivery and condition of book excellent.
on 4 October 2015
Started this book on the back of reading Wool and wasn't sure what to expect. Whilst not the best written story I really enjoyed it and immediately bought the second in the series