VINE VOICEon 3 June 2012
This is the second one of these I have had. I sent the first back because I could not get it to work on Presta valves. I received a refund without problem (thanks) but decided to try again on basis the first must have been faulty and could not find other reviews with same problem. I had same issue with second but took a closer look, and managed to resolve. If you need to convert to Presta (the narrow valve found on most road bikes) - when you remove the small assembly, you need to take the orance plastic part out of the black rubber washer before turning over and reinserting. I had previously just turned the whole assembly over and was unable to get a seal on the valve. I hope this helps you avoid same problem. In terms of the product - it seems a perfectly good pump and the bracket fits on the bottle cage bolts and grips the pump effectively (my pump does not fall off, which is a regular problem for my son).
on 3 March 2010
Good little pump, easy to switch valve size. Only drawback is my bike didn't have the neccessary hole to attach grips to. Still its small enough to fit in a medium handbag so its ok for me!
on 24 March 2012
I had another version of this kind of thing from crank bros. It never worked well and was an absolute nightmare to set up for different valves. This one is simplicity itself and for a plastic pump, it seems sturdy enough for the rigours of a roadside flatty. Very pleased and for the price, spectacular value.
on 10 August 2014
This is a great little pump and the overall length is 25½ cm (10 inches)
You have to make sure the pump end is pushed on to the valve all the way till you hear the air coming out then you clamp it shut with the little lever.
If you do not push the pump end onto the valve enough then it will be very difficult to pump and maybe a lot of you think it will be hard to pump.
If done correctly then the pump is brilliant and you should get the pressure you need. I have in fact just inflated my niece's bike and I have got them rock hard (100 lbs pressure) with no problems at all.
Very easy to use regardless of what others say about it being hard to pump, do it properly and it is a very very good pump.
Very well made and very robust too and deserves the 5 stars I have given.

OK!! Now a word about changing from one valve type to the other.
At the valve end of the pump you will see a small grey (what looks like some sort of a thumb grip) push out piece. This will push out either side and is used for taking out the rubber seal after unscrewing the valve piece.
Insert the grey piece and pull out the rubber and then follow the instructions you have for changing the valve types.
I hope this helps some of you who think it is not an efficient pump but really it is so easy to use once done properly.
on 24 January 2012
A great little pump that can either be fitted directly to the bike with the supplied brackets or carried in a backpack or Bike bag. Arrived in good time & well packed. A great deal all round
on 5 February 2012
Excellent little pump just bought for emergencies on the road but use routinely now. Light weight and does the job well
VINE VOICEon 30 June 2014
Does not work with Presta valves.

This pump says it works with Presta valves. Even some of the reviews say this works with Presta valves. But mine doesn't. I have taken out the orange bit and the black bit. I have followed the intsructions given in the photo. So I can only conclude that it simply doesn't work with Presta valves. All it does is let air out of mine. Avoid avoid avoid. It might work really nicely with Schrader valves, of course. But it doesn't work with presta.
on 22 November 2014
This is a wonderful little pump that fits neatly onto my bike with the provided clips. My trousers sometimes catch on the product though, so I have a little bit of velco to hold it on, before this it used to drop of quite frequently It serves its purpose and has saved me countless times in the short time I have had it - city riding on a mountain bike means a lot of slow punctures.

It struggles to get a high pressure into the tyre, for the sheer fact that you have to sit there and have a rather strenuous workout to get close, but it easily pumps to a rideable level. The pump is good for the price, and any other reviewers saying this doesn't work or doesn't provide an adequate seal are 100% wrong.

This drops one star for the insecurity of the provided clips and for the simple fact it doesn't allow you to inflate quite as high as say a foot pump - but then, that isn't what should be expected of this product.
VINE VOICEon 25 June 2013
Been really impressed with this pump. It is very compact, so easily fits in a backpack pocket. I especially like the lock on the pump head, which locks it to the body of the pump when you're not using it (keeping it compact in your bag). The clip which locks the pump to the tyre valve works fine, and the instructions are very clear on inverting the valve head so that it suits your Schrader and Presta valves. I have used the pump to inflate both types of valve, and it has worked well in both cases.
on 13 January 2016
Purchased this as I found my cycle tires kept losing air. Comes with a bike clip so that you can attach it to your bike if needed. At first was a bit confusing as to how it worked but it seems you open the valve with the lever on the pump first then secure it by pressing it down.

Pumps up the tires very easily without any kind of issues. Works a charm!

See one answered question