on 24 November 2014
Although the product stated that delivery will take 3-5 working days, mine was dispatched within hours of ordering and arrived 2 days later.

There are no instructions enclosed, but that is because you don't need them - you simply plug your component wires (not supplied) into the colour matched slots (ignore the yellow wire. That never gets plugged in), plug the power cable (supplied) into the matching slot, and into a power socket. Plug your HDMI cable (not supplied) into your TV and the HDMI slot on the device, boot up your XBox360 (remembering to change the grey slider switch on the bit of the component cable that slots into the XBox from standard to HD, and the display settings on the XBox dashboard from standard to HD), and you are done. You can now use your old style XBox360 with your new TV without losing out on picture quality.

Please note, that this is not an upscaling device - 6 part component cables give an HD style output. All this does is allow you to plug your component HD cables into your HDMI HD TV.
on 28 March 2011
Bought this for my Hauppauge HD PVR, since I did not have a component input on my LCD monitor. It's does a grand job of converting the component signal into HDMI with no input lag whatsoever. Works out of the box perfectly and the build quality is very good.
on 21 March 2011
This product initially looked good for my application, watching videos on my TV that I had downloaded from the web on my Laptop which is a Dell Latitude E6400 ATG running XP pro, plus a Panasonic Viera 42" Plasma TV 100Hz refresh and various inputs for PC VGA Direct, HDMI, SCART, S-Video & RCA connections. My problem is I cannot record directly from the TV to my DVD player / recorder using the PC input option, only inputs from HDMI, SCART, S-Video etc, so I needed a solution like this.
The product was ordered from NEET and was delivered very quickly, within 2 days, and having tried to get a suitable picture output on my TV, it was not possible giving me a 60/40 split screen, locked with a solid vertical line, top-to-bottom, with the same picture repeated again after the split..!
NEET provided me with exceptional support, including a replacement device, also arriving very quickly, unfortunately without success. I received a full refund and although my experience with this product was not successful I would recommend NEET with every confidence as a supplier to anyone wishing to check out their products.
on 27 May 2011
This is a great product. It does exactly what it says on the box. Very easy to set up and works perfectly in no time.!!
You need three cables to get it working though.
1. VGA to VGA (Male to Male)
2. 3.5 mm audio male to male
3.HDMI to HDMI cable.

Once you have these, it is very easy to use.
on 27 September 2014
Great product! After recently purchasing a vga adaptor for my dreamcast, and then more recently a new tv that had no vga input, I needed something to make that connection. This was very reasonably priced and does a fantastic job of cleaning up the signal. The audio is clean and crisp too. Highly recommend for bringing your dreamcast back to life.
on 18 April 2011
This is a great little product. It does exactly what it says on the tin, just plug in the connections change the display settings as necessary and away you go!
It's perfect for playing ripped/downloaded movies or showing photo's as a slideshow on your tv or even just surfing on a big screen.
All you need is a 15 pin VGA output on your laptop/PC and a HDMI connection on your TV.
It's also a neat unit that is not much bigger than a phone so it can be hidden easily.
on 8 October 2011
Works perfectly! This device saved me from paying hundreds for a new TV. When I purcahsed my PVR, I realised I couldn't use it due to the lack of component sockets in my television, but this product was the easy solution to that. Just plug everything in how you would expect you should. The quality is excellent, too!
on 7 July 2011
just got a hd pvr to record ps3 gameplay my tv didnt have the componenets but the converter worked this is what people should get if you have a hd tv if it doesnt have the componenets this is the item you need the neet converter looks in good condition very nice packaging this is what you need i would recommend people to buy this and i will by from neet again thankyou.
on 2 March 2011
PS3 doesn't get mentioned a lot when dealing with component cables, probably because there doesn't seem to be an official component cable for the PS3, but third party ones are everywhere and this box allows you to convert them to a HDMI signal.

Of course the PS3 already has HDMI but I use a capture card to display my consoles on my PC which also gives me the ability to record gameplay. My 360 works fine via HDMI for the dashboard and in games but it gives a logo if you try to watch a copyrighted video due to the content protection. Which is understandable because otherwise people could record HD movies directly with pixel-perfect quality.

But the PS3 is awkward and instead of only putting on HDCP encryption during movies, it has it on all the time, even just for the console's menu. What's worse is that there isn't even a logo like the 360, there's simply no signal which makes it hard to determine if it's the cable or console itself.

So anyway I got a component cable and this box, a little worried by the fact that on the description it says "HDCP compliant" which made me assume that it encrypts the signal, but actually it doesn't and so was just thrown on there for some reason.

I've had problems with the sound buzzing and sometimes the signal dropping but I have more reasons to suspect the cheap component cable I'm using, which if so then there's nothing that I can fault on this product.
77 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2012
I use this to connect my playstation 3 to a computer monitor with no built in speakers... Connect the HDMI cable from your PS3 to the back of this box then a VGA cable from the front of the box to the monitor... then connect speakers or headphones to the 3.55mm jack on the plug and you have sound.

It is a nice product.. made of metal feels sturdy and has a nice red LED light.

I am 100% pleased with my purchase, RECOMMENDED!