Customer reviews

Colour: Ebony|Change

on 10 January 2013
Wanted a nice looking shaving set for the bathroom. Great quality. Obviously can use shaving soap or cream. If you use the brush on a regular basis you may want to buy some borax to keep it in good condition.
on 5 March 2017
Great set, got it as a gift, but came in a flimsy cardboard box that didn't do the contents justice!
on 25 May 2013
I bought this shaving set for my fiance last Christmas and he loved it! He uses it frequently and it still looks great five months on - not one hair has fallen from the brush.

Unlike many other shaving sets I saw on the high street, this is of great quality and is quite heavy and sturdy. I also bought the Edwin Jagger chrome-plated bowl and sandalwood soap, which looks very nice with this set.
on 16 November 2016
Searched for hours on end so if ur like me and will look at every single one and read every review, look no further, this one is great!
Boyfriend loves it!! It's been a year and it's going strong! Bought with the porcelain shaving soap bowl which compliments it really well and is brill for getting the soap foamy... a definite addition and is needed! . The Edwin soap has also lasted a whole year!! And still going strong too unbelievable considering he shaves 3 to 4 times a week!!! I got the sensitive one as he has a skin irritation issue on face and there's been no prob at all with this product!
Highly recommend
on 6 April 2014
Good quality piece of kit. Brush is soft and effective at creating a good lather. Would recommend to anyone who takes the time for a proper shave
on 3 February 2015
This is a lovely gift. My son was really delighted with it and so was I. It looks and feels quality. The stand is nice and heavy so no chance of tipping over. I was disappointed however that it came in a plain, flimsy box and not in an Edwin Jagger one .. ! However I would definitely recommend as a gift.
on 27 November 2016
My guilt at having knocked my husband's bone handled razor off its stand, causing it to break, was soothed when I found this replacement. He'd had the original for many years and it was looking a little tired so I plumped for replacing the whole set rather than just the razor. And this set is perfect, both in appearance/balance and in price. Much cheaper than others on the Jagger site, or other providers online, I was hesitant in case the quality had been compromised but I can't see any evidence of that. The packaging is good - individual items wrapped in tissue and in a nice box - making this a great gift. My husband doesn't wet shave every day - it's a week-end thing for him - and this set balances cost, quality and appearance. It looks great on the bathroom shelf (as did its predecessor) and I recommend it to any entry-level wet shaver.
on 5 December 2015
I was unsure of the quality of this product before it arrived just because it is such a great price. When it arrived I could tell that this was a genuine Edwin Jagger set of high quality. The set is packaged really nicely in tissue paper inside the box. It comes with a small information leaflet about other products. The set itself feels nice and heavy and feels lovely to hold. The stand is weighted nicely so it wont tip over easily. Overall I am very pleased with it and I hope my fiancée loves it too! This is the best price Edwin Jagger shaving set by a long way that you will find anywhere on-line!
on 27 December 2014
beautiful to hold and look at, my bother in law loves his. So much my wife bought me one two with the soap dish. Well made and stylish.
on 29 December 2016
I bought this as a Christmas present for my 86 year old father. He was very pleased with the retro look and enjoyed a very smooth shave.

Only 1 niggle: Although nicely boxed, the items rattled and knocked against each other inside the box, and so I wrapped the items separately in tissue to protect them. My Father commented how well wrapped they were, not knowing that I had done this myself.

Other than that very small niggle, I would definitely recommend 100%.