Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Fifi and the Flowertots (Nintendo DS)

on 9 March 2016
Another great game that keeps my girls happy :)
on 28 December 2009
This is an excellent game for very young players. I have tried lots of different games aimed at the 3 plus market, but they are either too short, not challenging enough or require better motor skills than the age group 3-6 have. Not so with this game. There are a variety of different mini games set in 6 diffferent Fifi locations ( a number of games for each location), with a very helpful choice of difficulty levels for each game - easy, medium and hard. Points are earned for each game, that earn medals and bonuses.

This is a game that won't become developmentally obsolete in their young years of rapid change, as the variety of games and difficulty levels keeps it relevant, it will actually last more than 6 months for them. It is not boring, and does not require huge levels of concentration - you could pick it up and play a couple of games in 5 minutes, or work away and get better for bonuses and points. The games are achievable, which is really important for this fickle age group, who tire of failure quickly. Recommend this as a choice of game above others in the genre.
on 10 March 2010
I bought this for my three year old son and overall I'd say it's a pretty good game.

Buying games for young kids is a bit of a minefield as many haven't really been designed with their target audience in mind. Often they're either too hard, require dexterity that young kids aren't capable of or most annoyingly require lots of reading.

Fifi does stumble into all of these issues at some point or another and some of the games are far too challenging for a pre-schooler, but on the flip-side there's lots of content that he'll be able to grow into. At the moment he's able to enjoy about half of the fifteen or so mini-games which is plenty for him to get on with. Although he does get frustrated with some of the tougher ones.

The production values are very good and it has the proper music from the show etc.

I've tried a few games now that are targeted at this age and Fifi is probably the third best (after Peppa Pig and I Did it Mum), so if you have those other two and your child likes Fifi then I'd say you can't go far wrong.
on 17 January 2010
A great game for Children, my daughter is 4 and a half and this game has some easy parts for her and some more challenging parts for her to grow into, but lots of little games for her to explore!
on 27 March 2010
Purchased this game for our 3 year old daughter who is a big Fifi fan, the game has a many game types to choose from (6 different areas of game eg puzzles, games, word games and 2 or 3 games in each area), some of which are too complex for her now but she will grow into(such as wordsearches and sudoku), making this game a long term investment. Also good are the levels of difficulty on each game, she currently has no problems with the easy level of the jigsaw puzzle game for example but it is good to watch her puzzling and putting thought into where the pieces go on the more difficult levels. I can also confess to playing some of the games on the difficult level and even caught Grandma playing some of the games too!!! While they're not the hardest of games they are fun for a quick 5 minute break and also give us an opportunity to spend time with our Daughter telling us about the characters. It has been a great buy and provided many hours of play already. In fact my only complaint is that while the DS was bought for me as a Christmas present, I hardly ever get to play on it, as soon as it appears all I hear is 'I need to play my Fifi game'!!!
on 19 October 2010
This game has quite challenging levels for children so I'd recommend it for those of at least 5 years, and older. In fact, even Level 1 is quite tricky for young children, so it's probably more suited to 6 and 7 year olds. I'm hoping that, as there are 3 levels, it should last my children a few years.
on 5 October 2011
I don't think I've ever given a negative review on Amazon!

A lot of the reviews mentioned that this game was good for three and four year olds, but I disagree. This game is useless to my daughter to play alone, she cannot play it without my constant help as she cannot read the fairly complex words instructing her what to do. Some of the games need the child to read each word in order to locate the correct object. Others, such as the 'guess the word' game are made even harder by the fact that the letters are capitals rather than in lowercase. The wordsearch is printed in capitals, with the word list in lowercase, so she can't even try to match them up that way.

IMHO there are way better games out there for pre-schoolers - the excellent Hello Kitty and Peppa games, for starters. I'm really wishing I hadn't wasted my money on this one.
on 4 March 2012
I bought this for my 4yr olds birthday and was very disappointed. She is used to playing the ds and plays games like bob the builder and mum I did it, that belong to her sister. The tv show I would say is aimed at 3-5yr olds but the game is not really suitable for this age range. Word searches and sudoku are for children a lot older and even the spot the difference is to hard on easy mode. Out of all the mini games on here there are only a couple she can play without help. The easy level should be easier to enable younger kids to play unaided. By the time a child is old enough to plays all the games they are no longer at an age where they like Fifi.
on 21 January 2012
I looked at the review for lots of games such as Dora, Timmy Time & Fifi and this seemed the best one for a 3 yr old. I thought it would be like the Peppa Pig games which we have, where she could play a lot of them and the others she would grow into....

I was wrong! She can't do any of these games on her own, they involve real problem solving and thinking to be able to play and are nowhere near as good as the Peppa games. I would say that the Fifi DS is more suitable to a 5/6 year old but of course they have grown out of Fifi so it then has no interest to that age group.

Complete waste of money.
on 1 November 2012
This is the first game I bought for my three year old. She loves it, its easy to follow, has lots of games to choose from and you can start with the easy ones and move on to many more harder ones. I went through it all with her initially but she has had no problems playing by herself now.