on 7 May 2014
I've always changed the filter sheets in my cooker hood, never this charcoal filter. When I realised I've been using the smelly thing for over 15 years I rushed to Amazon and bought this replacement. The delivery was fast and it fits perfect and it looks identical to ones I've seen elsewhere for double the price.
on 26 August 2013
This just a straight replacement for the old filter. Take the lower cover off the hood to gain access to the charcoal filter. Undo the single central retaining screw and replace the filter. Could not be easier.
on 13 January 2015
I bought this filter to replace my old one. My cooker hood is not Hotopoint or Creda; I think it's called Homark or something. Anyway, I read the measurements (Customer's Q&A and product description) and decided to take a gamble. It looked almost identical to my old filter. It is the right size and fit without any problems. It seems to make higher pitched noise than before, but a much cheaper alternative and works perfectly fine. I am very pleased with it.
on 26 March 2014
Got this for my Valor chimney hood. Valor (taken over by GDC Group Ltd) doesnt make any of these so I had to look at other options and I decided to go for this and havent been disappointed.
The size is as described and did fit well on my Valor hood.
However, my hood is a bit more noisy since I have installed this(noise of air gush) but cant complaint much.
on 18 October 2013
The filter fitted without any issues and is doing its job. However, I was getting bits of charcoal falling through the meshing. I think the perforation in the meshing should be finer to stop this from happening.
on 29 October 2013
works and fitted very well into my Creda cooker hood. would recomend to any one who is thinking of buying
on 24 February 2013
I ordered this as a replacement filter although I wasn't sure if it would fit but it fitted perfectly, and not too expensive
on 27 November 2012
Does the job, but centre key way does not allow use of the original lock fitting, though original securing screw works fine.
on 13 April 2014
...and the price is good! However beware to maybe do a little DIY to fit this as sometimes a little fiddling is required to make it stay.
on 12 April 2015
Had a problem getting this to fit. Had to make the central hole a bit bigger with a screw driver! But then my kitchen is 26 years old!

See one answered question