Customer reviews

Sloe Gin
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 9 September 2017
I was a little dissapointed when I first listened to this cd, as I expected more emphasis on acoutic blues guitar, but it has grown on me, to the point where I would now recommend to anyone into blues rock.
on 16 May 2017
This lad can play and sing a bit excellent album up there with bb king ,Clapton, berry, knoffler, to name a few will be downloading more in the near future AAA++++
on 2 August 2017
Why haven't I discovered Joe Bonamassa before? Have definitely been missing out so a lot of catching up to do. Now have 3 CDs and still collecting. Brilliant guitar and vocals
on 7 September 2017
A firm favourite in our house.
on 2 March 2017
Love it.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 13 March 2008
Only discovered Joe a few months ago (thanks Amazon recommendations!) and I am hugely impressed with the albums I have bought so far. This one is, as I said, spellbinding - no other word for it. The title track Sloe Gin is just magnificent (have a look for a very poor quality video of the original by Tim Curry back in the late 70's on a certain well-known video website - yes the song is that old! And no I didn't know Tim Curry had had a musical career either!), I don't think I have played and sung along to a track over and over and over again so much since I first bought Machine Head when I was sixteen. If you like blues guitar (and why else would you be reading this?) then this track will make all the hairs on your body stand on end - guaranteed! I can't wait to see him live. Buy this!
VINE VOICEon 12 September 2007
File this one under CLASS - make no bones about it, whether you like blues or not, this is one very classy album, executed by a gifted musician.
This album plays two sides of the blues - one, electric (spell that E.L.E.C.T.R.I.C!) and the other, no less impressive, acoustic, although mixed up so that it impacts all the more so. Opening with an acoustic/electric "Ball Peen Hammer", it then hits it's stride with my personal favourite, "One Of These Days", which hits you between the eyes with it's lumbering riff, building to a tasty little solo - so good I must have hit the replay button a dozen times the first time I played the album!
"Dirt In My Pocket", the title track, "Sloe Gin", "Richmond"......this album is crammed full of brilliantly executed MUSIC!
I really cannot recommend this album more highly and neither can I wait to catch him on tour in the UK. early '08!
on 20 October 2007
I was beginning to despair with some of the recent music that I have heard. Then someone recommended Joe so I plumped for this album. Wish I had not done it as now I am going to have to buy all the others !! He is pure class. I love this album and it gets better every time I hear it. I thought when I first heard it that it was a bit like Bad Company ( No bad thing ) and then I heard the track 'Seagull'. Superbly done as a cover from Bad Company themselves. I will finish off by saying that if you like decent guitars, good vocals and good production, this is a superb example. Time to get my Christmas list together ...
on 6 September 2007
I have been a Bonamassa fan for about eighteen months now having discovered him through a review of his last album in the rock press. After purchasing the album, i ended up buying all the previous albums plus the live DVD at the Rockplast. I can honestly say that this is without doubt his best album. It is simply brilliant, Joe Bonamassa is surely destined for greatness. There isnt a bad track on the album, i highly recommend it to anyone who appreciates brilliant rock and blues guitar playing. This is my album of the year, just buy it you will not be disapointed.
on 16 May 2008
never heard of him before. thought i would buy some blues. this guy rocks. i have listened to only two tracks so far and the production, sound, and spine tingling 'sound' is right up my street. bit like the decent parts of Clapton - guitar solos, long sustain, with a nice sound. Like the Eagles at their best but better, and a decent bass voice.

On the basis of just two tracks - off to buy the rest.

The last band i bought which made me 'buy the lot' was Camel - 10 years ago and I have been searching ever since for the 'fix' of music like this.