Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 20 October 2007
I was beginning to despair with some of the recent music that I have heard. Then someone recommended Joe so I plumped for this album. Wish I had not done it as now I am going to have to buy all the others !! He is pure class. I love this album and it gets better every time I hear it. I thought when I first heard it that it was a bit like Bad Company ( No bad thing ) and then I heard the track 'Seagull'. Superbly done as a cover from Bad Company themselves. I will finish off by saying that if you like decent guitars, good vocals and good production, this is a superb example. Time to get my Christmas list together ...
on 6 September 2007
I have been a Bonamassa fan for about eighteen months now having discovered him through a review of his last album in the rock press. After purchasing the album, i ended up buying all the previous albums plus the live DVD at the Rockplast. I can honestly say that this is without doubt his best album. It is simply brilliant, Joe Bonamassa is surely destined for greatness. There isnt a bad track on the album, i highly recommend it to anyone who appreciates brilliant rock and blues guitar playing. This is my album of the year, just buy it you will not be disapointed.
on 17 September 2007
Indeed a gift to the musically thirsty! Includes free refills! I don't care what you call it, modern or throwback (retro), adult contemporary, rock, whatever. YOU be the judge! For me, like heck this isn't a great blues rock album! This one album, Joe Bonamassa's sixth studio release (seven total counting "A New Day Yesterday LIVE", which also was one of two outstanding DVD's, the other being "Live at Rockpalast"), his second with top-notch producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley, who seems as high on Joe's talent as anyone these days, happens to be a cornucopia of blues-inflected rock stylings worthy of high praise and expenditure of your hard-earned, low net balance funds.

This is a "blues deluxe" album more so than the namesake album by Joe Bonamassa from 2003. That was more traditional style. This is mentored style blues perhaps, but it's also the most original blues album of the young century / millennium, brandishing in your face much more than Joe's biting guitar & amazingly soulful vocals, it's the real deal! A gift-wrapped package of delights, despite side trips through depressive states, for the ears and soul. It defies categorization and no description does justice. The whole album showcases the amazing talents of everyone involved. Not the same old same old anything, it's just a creative, living, breathing creature start to finish. A modernized, male-spirited version of something new, significant, rock & stroll, yet still beautiful. Even if it develops Sloe-ly, like trying to get a buzz off a watered-down sloe gin fizz, it's a four seasons, five stars, any frame of mind or mood listen you'll enjoy.
on 23 July 2007
Obviously not released yet, but I heard a couple of tracks on Planet Rock on Friday and they were stunning. 'One of these days' is an old Ten Years After tune and Joe handles it brilliantly, but the title track, 'Sloe Gin' is simply mind blowing! I wondered if I was over reacting, but then heard it again on Saturday and realised I wasn't!! A stunning, slow blues track that ends with a guitar solo that would make Gary Moore weep. Can't wait for August 20th.
on 16 May 2008
never heard of him before. thought i would buy some blues. this guy rocks. i have listened to only two tracks so far and the production, sound, and spine tingling 'sound' is right up my street. bit like the decent parts of Clapton - guitar solos, long sustain, with a nice sound. Like the Eagles at their best but better, and a decent bass voice.

On the basis of just two tracks - off to buy the rest.

The last band i bought which made me 'buy the lot' was Camel - 10 years ago and I have been searching ever since for the 'fix' of music like this.
Thought the Track listing would be of use so here it is.

1. Ball Peen Hammer
9. Jelly Roll
10. Richmond
11. India
on 10 December 2014
My fourth album in a couple of weeks. I heard him promoting Different Shades of Blue on Radio2 on some nighttime program. I had to find out more.

Superb artist.

So much so I will be seeing him live in London in March.

I have an eclectic music library and he stands comparison with the many great legendary guitarists.
on 9 March 2013
first download on the new amazon cloud ap using up my credits. thought i'd buy something my son had recommended(he's a bass player and music graduate) so stuck a pin in the joe list. the content is as i would have expected from an artist with his reputation.not disappointed at all. but the cloud thing spent some time fannying about and quit twice during first playback..could be me, could be iPad, could be amazon rainforest problem.
on 30 July 2012
I know this CD is a few years old but only finding Joe Bonamassa 18 months ago I had to go back in time to see how his music had progressed. This album is awesome blues at its best with a few rocky bits thrown in for good measure.

Joe Bonamassa goes from strength to strength his early stuff as this album shows is sheer brilliance.

Great guitar work, great song writing, great vocals, great music = Awesome album.

NUFF SAID.
on 24 November 2013
I have only just been introduced to this artist by a work colleague. What a fabulous album - no bad tracks on it at all. Sloe Gin is one of those songs that will stay in your mind for a very long time.