Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(5 star). See all 34 reviews
on 29 July 2010
Haven't quite finished the second series yet (still have 2 more episodes to watch), but I am thoroughly enjoying it. The drama is fast-paced and excellently written, the jokes are laugh-out-loud funny and the music is a welcome addition. Furthermore, the characters are lovable and well-rounded - I don't think there's a single (recurring) character I don't like in this series.

After watching Life on Mars and loving it, I was not able to see Ashes to Ashes until now. Let me tell you, the wait was worth it. Ashes to Ashes is the perfect follow-on to Life on Mars, and I love the references to Sam Tyler which are littered about the series. The story arcs are well conceived and the individual storyline of each episode is fulfilling, unlike many dramas, which leave feeling that the story could have gone further.

Overall, I would strongly recommend seeing this (especially if you saw and liked Life on Mars!). I look forward to watching Series 3 ASAP!
on 23 November 2017
A must have for all crime - and a bit weird - fans ;)
on 27 September 2017
Reliving old times
on 2 August 2017
I was hooked on the series when it was on tv. Bought this box set so I can watch it anytime.
on 6 June 2010
The animations for the menus were amusing.
It was nice to see the subtitles as well, as it's easier to pickup on little things that I missed the first time around.

There are some behind the scenes and extra features which is nice to see.

Fit and finish were good on the package, no broken cases and DVDs all worked.
All in all well put together.

As far as the the story line for 1st and 2nd season, it's a good continuation of the Life on Mars series. I would say more about the story, but chances are if you're thinking of buying it, you've already seen it and you know it, or you are just catching up, in which case I don't want to give any spoilers.
review image review image review image review image
on 31 January 2015
Mega, mega had not seen on t.v. so what a joy to watch it few episodes at a time
on 17 April 2014
Funny, daft, romantic, allows you to forget the daily worries and laugh at the world!
Along with Series 3 makes up a great series.
BUT still not as good as "Life on Mars".
on 10 August 2015
Brilliant boxset. Thoroughly enjoyed it!
on 12 September 2014
Good product excellant value for money item as described quick delivery
on 25 April 2010
This was my Christmas Present and I am a Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes fan so I was very pleased to get it. I have watched both series on tv and I am now able to enjoy them again whenever I like a bit of 'Gene Genie'.