on 16 September 2009
How many more times can Genesis re-package old material? I will NOT be buying this box set, there is not any even any previously un-released material, WHAT A RIP OFF! I'm now an ex Genesis fan. Phil, Mike, Tony - enjoy your money because you're not getting any more of mine!
on 19 September 2009
Why wasn't this box set released in the hybrid SACD format? I like the idea of having the live discs in one box, but it would have been so much better if they had done this set as hybrid SACDs. That's why it's only got 4 stars.
on 5 March 2015
Birthday present. Birthday boy loved it
on 1 February 2015
Great remixs and 5.1 surround
on 7 October 2009
When some bands improve their cult live albums (like Kansas whith last year "Two for two show" ewpanded edition -70mn of unrealesed material!!!!-, Cheap Trick or Peter Frampton), Genesis doesn't give more material of the "Second's out" tour!! What's a pity because "Wind and Wuthering" is only represented by one song, the poor "afterglow"!
on 20 July 2009
Great to have this coming to add to my other boxes but can anyone tell me why the last 2 cds are not mixed in 5.1?

Also....and this is key - is there video content and interviews like the other boxes or not? I hope so - that's what made those boxes worth the hefty price tags.

Saying that I already have this on pre-order either way.
on 8 September 2009
Ha. What do you expect? The pay off is an increasingly sumptuous production against Phil banging a tambourine over his head and melodramatically 'singing' "...your show, your show..." etc.etc.. My summer listening has included "sessions by the pound" and "demos down on broadway". If sales of these live sets increase the possibilty of a boxed set of enhanced, warts and all out-takes then please, please, please buy this product.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2009
My colleagues bought this for me as a leaving present after being with the company for 17 years. What a rip off and a slap in the face of all who contributed to my present. I am disgusted.

DVD's without any video? (Unless I am doing something horribly wrong).....

It is epitomised by the fact that Genesis would do a free concert for the Italians but not the British, it is a cynical exploitation of numerous fans who have followed them for (as in my case) 36 years or more.

I spit on Genesis and Virgin for all that this represents, a way to fill band members coffers. Never, ever again.

At least Gabriel is honest. Let's go and shake his tree and watch video and music.