on 14 April 2010
Don't buy this product if you are expecting Simplink to work with your LG TV, even the LG helpline couldn't get it to work! Also, it doesn't allow for surround sound with DivX files and again LG were unsure why and is not multi region.
on 29 July 2010
Nice system, shame it's got no headphone socket though! Light around volume button is annoying if right under the screen.
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 28 April 2010
My friend asked me to help her set up this exact home cinema system and It didn't take long at all to set up.
Took me about 20 minutes to set up as we had to get the wires hidden neatly, once it was all set up I tested it out and the speakers gave out such a nice crisp sound, not too mention the DVD up-scaling quality is brilliant.

It does have an optical slot, so you can connect your PS3 or any other devices that can be connected via a optical cable to it and make sure the setting is to "OPT AUX" for an audio output via the optical cable.

It also comes with a little antenna cable which is optional to put in if you wish to listen to FM radio, the quality was amazing, I've never heard the radio so clear, it may be the area we were in, but from my experience it was awesome.

Overall the product looks stylish and smart, the DVD player is good quality and the speakers are astounding, I wish I could swap it for my Home Cinema System!

Top marks from me; 5*!
One person found this helpful
on 14 December 2009
I thought I would buy a LG home theater system to match my LG 42LH4000 TV and I am glad I did. The system looks fantastic and sounds wonderful. I did have a old technics separates system which did produce a deeper sound but this comes pretty close. I must admit the subwoofer could do with a bit more bass in the low frequencies but this is minor. Plenty of connectivity for all your gadgets and with LG's simplelink function it's easy to control from one remote.

You do really notice a difference when upscaling to 1080p on normal DVDs, it's a lot crisper. Another point to mention is DTS sound, some LG HT systems do not support this but this system does!

The only other all in one home theater kit I can compare it to is my parents Panasonic system, the LG is definitely just as good with sound quality but looks much classier.

All in all are very good system for the money!!!
3 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 28 January 2010
The box that this item arrived in was huge, and heavy. This was because the system itself is huge. Someone elsewhere remarked that the speaker stands are the size of a dinner plate, he was correct. I suggest that anyone considering purchasing this system get their tape measure out and see how it will fit in their room.
Rigging the systems means wires everywhere; luckily my room had been built with wired-in rear speakers. Set up was fairly straight forward and the sound was truly impressive; with 1000 watts and speakers that size it couldn't fail to be.
The big problem was that when playing a DVD the audio was a good two seconds behind the video making watching a DVD impossible. The man from LG said that had it been the other way around it could be adjusted but as it was, it was probably faulty and I should return it, which I have. I have since purchased the LG HLB54S Sound Bar with Blu Ray which, although was a couple of hundred pounds more, is perfect.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 28 December 2009
Hi, I bought this Home Cinema system before Christmas and I am very happy. The sound is good and IPOD works perfectly with it.
One person found this helpful