Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(2 star). See all 61 reviews
on 3 November 2009
I've noticed Clarkson's annual DVD's gradually getting worse with each passing year. The earlier ones were really good, even great but they have now become like elongated Top Gear episodes.
A lot of stuff has been covered before such as which cars are good for drifting, the answer is rear wheel drive cars, simple, yet over 20 mins of the DVD is dedicated to this. Driving in flippers...who cares! There are a few good highlights, but nowhere near enough of them.
I want to see how a modern Fiesta ST fares against a 90s fiesta RS Turbo or a Peugeot 1.9 GTi against a 206 GTi or an Escort Cosworth against a Focus RS or a... I could go on. This stuff has been in Top Gear before but again not nearly enough and I dont know about you but I find knowing which cars are really the fastest, far more interesting and fun, not pie in the face car antics.
It is a Clarkson DVD so if like me you love Jezza you will still enjoy the DVD, it just could be so much more.
Watch 'At Full Throttle', it's way better.
I've just watched the new episode of Top Gear and it was infinitely better so I take back what I said about this being an elongated Top Gear episode, it isn't, it is just plain poor.
22 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 June 2011
In recent years, Top Gear has had the feel of a show running out of ideas. With this, I got the sense that Clarkson said to his producers "Have I got to make another one of these bloody films?" It just seemed as if he didn't care.

First of, he only review 2 cars in the whole DVD. The rest is taken up by a series of pointless challenges - the only interesting one is the Best Handling Car, which descends into a complete farce (and he already did a much better handling test in Apocalypse).

There's nothing good here. There's nothing you haven't seen before done much better. If you're a fan of Clarkson, get Thriller, The Italian Job, or Apocalypse. They are all much more interesting.

It may only cost you a penny, but it's cheap for the same reason American cars are: it's rubbish.
on 9 March 2015
Not really up to the normal standard of Clarkson. He is a victim of his own image here and it is a little too strained.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 September 2012
I was quite excited by the prospect of watching Jeremy Clarkson take part in a duel. I crossed my fingers that it was to the death and his opponent was a member of some special forces unit, I did not care what the choice of weapon was.

Sadly this DVD does not feature the curly buffoon taking one hell of a beating or see him endangered in anyway just more of him messing about in cars.

Some say all his best jokes are from the Viz letters page, others that he just says the same stuff every week and expects his studio audience to clap like trained seals. All I know is that this DVD is very dull.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse