on 10 February 2013
I bought this game expecting it to be good, as i'd heard rave reviews. As a result i was expecting to play it and be let down compared to the perfect picture that my mind had painted of how it would be.

I was wrong.

The game was wonderful, and was the best experience i've had playing a zelda game since Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. This game has a wonderful sparkle which many games simply don't have more recently. Everything has character to it, and everything is beautiful.

You'll enjoy this game if you enjoyed any of the previous zelda games in particular, as this game includes elements which underrun the rest of the series (this is the first game in chronological timeline order of the series). also, you will enjoy this game if you find controlling swordfighting 1:1 interesting...

The fact that the controls are bound 1:1 to the movement of the wiimote plus makes the game wonderfully immersive, so you really do feel like the hero of hyrule himself. And due to the real-time swordfighting, the game had a challenging difficulty curve with me having to seriously think about fighting in certain sections. The difficulty curve was well executed though, as none of the game really frustrated me at all in terms of difficulty. I may be forced to eat my own words though, as i have just started to play through the game on "hero mode" which is a higher difficulty version of the quest... wish me luck.
on 17 June 2017
Excellent condition. Works perfectly!
Loving it so far! :)
on 7 January 2014
I brought this as a gift for my partner. We ended up playing it together. I found the game very interesting and have enjoyed playing it immensely. There is the main game/quest and plenty of side quests and mini games to be completed also. I would recommend this game if you like puzzles and strategising your way round obstacles etc.
on 18 July 2017
It's no Ocarina of Time.
on 22 May 2017
Arrived on time, excellent quality
on 4 January 2012
I bought this game as an X'mas present for my son. He loves it and hasn't stopped playing it. He says it's the bet game ever. His friends think so too.
on 30 April 2017
In item details of this game doesn't says anything about region. Nitendo Wii is NOT region free. They send me a US version (region1) game and its not working. Why selling an american version in amazon.co.uk ???
on 6 January 2014
I'm a middle-aged, infrequent gamer who was given this about 6 months ago. This is my first Zelda experience and I've been playing it steadily for a few hours a week ever since. There's still a long way to go and I expect it will keep me entertained for another 6 months. The graphics seem a bit primitive and cartoon-ish, but some might think that adds to the charm. However, the physics are good - things bounce, fly, float and fall quite realistically. The route through the game is not too demanding for a relative novice such as me - it's usually straightforward to figure out what has to be done next although a bit more thought may be required to work out how it can be done. The fights were quite challenging to start with for someone who no longer has youthful reflexes although I have improved and, fortunately, you can choose to have Link come back to life as often as you want when he gets killed. Nevertheless, I wish it were possible to skip the "boss battles" as it takes me a few weeks to get through each of them, which is tedious. Despite that, I give it 5 stars because the overall experience is very enjoyable.
on 18 November 2011
Very good game.. Awesome Graphics.. Everything about this game just feels.. right. I like the music, the storyline, the people in it.. everything.

I've played most of the other Zelda games apart from the SNES ones, and I'm a really big fan of the games and Nintendo. When I first saw this game I wasn't sure about the graphics, but then it slowly grew on me and now, I love it.

You can tell Nintendo spent ages on this game, it has such little things that make you smile (for example; The Loo. Kept me amused) and they should be proud of making such a good game.

I like the idea of riding the Loftwings; Makes a nice change from Epona, and gives the game a different feel.

I'm not sure if this is meant to be the prequel? I thought it was, but I keep hearing different things.

Buy this game, you will not regret it!
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2017
Not only is skyward sword the second best wii game but it is also the third best legend of zelda game. This game is truly uniq with great grafics, beautiful and epic music, great villan, zelda having a actuall caracter, th emotion controlls actually work fine and awesome boss fights. the only critisicm i have is the stamina bar witch can be a little bit frustrating sometimes but that`s it, this game is almost too perfect to be true.