Customer reviews

Gurrumul
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 1 March 2017
For me a first time listener to Geoffrey's voice and music i can honestly say i am hooked!
The clarity in his voice is angelic and i honestly think it can not be rivalled.
He is australian and born blind, he plays guitar, drums and didgeridoo...and his voice..wow.
As a child i lived in cabramatta near sydney ( 50s-60s ) and this man's sound bring's back time's i had forgot and placed in my psych.
Thank you.
on 3 October 2009
Gurrumul
I first listened to a track on Radio 2, and thought what beautiful music. Then I heard another track on Jeremey Vine, but unfortunately could not get the name of the performer. I've had to look through various websites before finding his name. I've ordered the CD as I think it will be soulful. The track 'Bapa' nearly reduces me to tears when I've listened to it. What delightful, soulful music.
on 4 January 2014
The work of this blind musician from Australia is very special indeed. Hauntingly beautiful, his voice has a powerful, melodious quality making it very unique. Anyone who enjoys traditional or folk music of different genres will find this really special and it is highly recommended.
on 23 August 2017
Pleased with purchase
on 22 February 2014
I was lent this CD thinking it was not appeal to me. It is the best music I have heard for years. GGY's music is simply beautiful. Some of the tracks gave me goose bumps and almost brought me to tears. If this gentle music does not move you - you have no soul. After one play I bought my own copy and have even considered buying copies for my friends and family - it's that good.
on 22 August 2009
This is an interesting CD. Gurrumul has a lovely voice, though I felt there has been too much hype about him, so I was expecting him to be totally amazing, instead of just very good! The music is easy to listen to and very calming and relaxing. Quite nice for the car too. It isn't a CD that you'd put on every day, but it does have its place in a music collection.
on 2 April 2014
Kept hearing tracks being played on the radio which I like so purchased the album. It's a brilliant album and I have enjoyed listening to something different. Give it a go it's worth listening to, but very different.
on 30 August 2014
Stunning music totally original and very moving.I heard a track on the radio and I was hooked I just had to buy the CD.It has a haunting quality that is so unique,I love it and I'm a fan now.
on 12 April 2016
Great music to relax to
on 2 September 2017
If you haven't ever heard this cd I suggest you give it a listen.a brilliant talent who was so sadly taken from us in July this year.