on 29 April 2017
vg
on 20 May 2010
This product is ideal for someone who wants a basic, cheap and modern looking surround system that delivers quality sound.
As other reviews have detailed the speaker wires are a tad short so lengthening them will probably be needed. The menu's are basic on the system and the equaliser is all preset so you cannot customise the sound, but to be honest the presets available cover a wide range so there should be one for everyone. A hdmi cable,phono leads or a scart lead are needed depending how you wire the system up and to be honest it is a bit annoying but anyone with a bit of electrial knowledge should get it sorted. I used phono to phono and a hdmi cable and i now have my sky+HD, wii and tv all coming through it and all the speakers mounted. It truly does deliver awesome picture and sound quality for the price, it will deliver digital sound wherever used if wired up correctly. Speaker brackets also required.

Hope this is useful

john.
on 1 November 2009
No complaints. For the money, this is a nice little DVD surround sound system. In a small room on DVD playback, it delivers really good surround sound. All the speaker volumes are adjustable from the menu and the picture is pretty good too.
I've plugged in an audio lead from the TV which gives me analogue sound from the two front speakers and the Subwoofer. There is a noticeable delay delay. I cant see anything in the manual to show me what adjustment can be made to correct this - suspect there isnt.
So now I have Sky movies and this unit has no HD or optical inputs, I am limited to using it for DVD playback, which to be fair is what it is sold as!
With hindsight, I shouldve saved up a bit more and bought an all rounder, but if you are looking for a good looking small system to play your DVDS on look no further.

Have now managed to get sound from all 5 speakers by using the AV audio lead direct from the Sky box to this unit and selecting Dolby. Ok not HD digital sound, but I am happy with it.
22 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2010
I had a mixed feeling after reading the reviews and glad that I bought it. glossy finish with small speakers are really cool. Also I don't see any reason with the connectivity, I agree it does not have optical/hdmi input, but does it really matter that much?? I got all my tv, sky+, wii and surround sound running, used hdmi to tv for video, rf lead from tv->lg receiver for wii and scart from sky+ to the receiver. Also the usb port and 3.5input are handy. Video quality is crisp and sound is good. This is an absolute bargain for the money.
on 21 September 2009
Two major problems:

1. All sites selling this mention the "LG Simplink" feature (which allows LG devices to talk to each other, so in theory you only need 1 remote), however, it turns out there's no mention of Simplink anywhere in the manual or on-screen menus, and it's not mentioned on LG's product info page either (even though it is offered when you specify "Simplink" in the LG site search filter). This means you're left using the TV remote for everything *except* sound, and the audio remote *just* for sound - really annoying, when both are made by the same company!

2. As previous reviewer said, there's no digital audio in, so you have to use the TV's analogue output (either red/white leads to AUX input, or SCART lead) to get audio into this unit. Again, an annoying omission, since it's got a DVD player built-in (as well as HDMI output for upscaled DVD playback) so there's obviously a lot of digital audio processing going on inside the unit anyway!

By the way, to the previous reviewer: on our LG TV we had to use AV2 SCART connector to get audio out of the TV; AV1 doesn't seem to output the TV's audio - presumably AV1 is meant for input-only such as digibox, DVD, etc., whereas AV2 is meant for in/out such as VCR.
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2009
I bought this surround sound system to go with my new LG tv. Playing a DVD it works well but it has one fatal flaw, no digital sound input. As digital sound is what you really need then this system is useless. DON'T BUY IT unless you're really aware of this!!
It does have 2 analogue jacks but my one doesn't seem to work so I can't get the sound from my tv.
Overall I'm very disappointed with this, so I really can't recommend buying it.
33 Comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2009
with a bit of patience this is a nice little system,ive got everything running thru it,my tv,sky and xbox 360 all in 5.1! i would def recommend this for the price it is!
2424 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2010
Like it. Easy to set up, good sound. I can get my TV sound though this, the Tv's own sound needs to be turned right down or you will get an echo.
on 6 January 2011
I've been playing with the LG HT304SU 5.1 ch DVD Home Cinema System for some time now, Its a great product for simple use but if you need to use it with a home cinema system that already excits or your computer with HDMI, not worth it.

Otherwise the product is really good value for money. :)
on 26 May 2011
hi have a samsung 40 inch tv and plays ok but you have to put the sound down on tv plays copys but sound comes out crap personaly it arived ok does what it is suppose to do but wish i had never bought it as you dont need five speakers 2 would have done the job