Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 2 December 2009
I'm a big fan of the lego-themed action adventures by Traveller's Tales. I love the
first 2.5 games taking place in the Star Wars universe and also like the first Indy game.
I have minor issues with the Batman game but it is still a nice addition to the series.

But I do not like the new game for lots of reasons and I'm happy I bought the cheap PC version even
at a special price here.
What are the good things to say about this game:
* The financial system works better than in Batman as you actually have to buy something and you
do not stumble over the first score multiplier with the pockets full of money to easily but it.
* lots of small bonus levels.
* The main menu is done nicely (boxes very similar to real lego construction set boxes) and gives
you a fast way to switch between movies and single levels (you already played - which is part of the problem!).
* Vehicles now have a reverse gear

But there is so much stuff that doesn't work (anymore):
* There are six landscapes you have to search for the entries to story levels or bonus levels it is
very easy to get lost when looking for the next story level or a special bonus level.
* In every landscape you have to destroy 3 kinds of objects, 10 pieces of each to unlock buyable extras.
That makes 18 different objects and you have to remember yourself which objects to look for in which
landscape. Without pen&paper bookkeeping you will not remember which is the one object you are still
missing in this or that landscape.
* To play bonus levels you need to unlock characters first and then you need enough money to buy them.
Where to find these characters or how to unlock them is not always clear, so you get stuck and lost.
* Even if you unlocked the required characters they are not automatically selected when starting a bonus
level but you have to search them first and use them as the two active characters before entering the level.
(Only successfully finished levels can directly be selected from the main menu.)
* The free mode is gone. You can only replay levels with the same characters to collect more money, achieve
better times or collect enough studs ("True Adventurer"). Unlockable areas do not exist anymore - I think
that is what the bonus levels are for now.
* Despite the new reverse gear vehicle control is still uncommon and nasty.
* Story levels are short and bonus levels are even shorter.
* When you have no clue how to unlock the next bonus character or you already have forgotten where
the entries to the unfinished bonus levels are, your motivation to complete this game goes down rapidly.
* characters can get stuck (Indy inside the crane's control room. In the water between a waterfall and a boat).

I think I finished all until Indy 1 with 100% and I only deinstalled Batman shortly before reaching 100%.
There is a high risk that I will put away Indy 2 now although I'm still somewhere below 40%.
The main reason is that I don't want to invest extra hours into fruitless searches for missing objects,
missing characters, or the right bonus level entry.

If you are looking for a good action-adventure and superb co-op gaming, go for one of the previous games.
on 2 April 2010
just purchased Indiana Jones lego ,my daughter and i hav gr8 fun with this game, the puzzles are just tasking enough, the fight scenes are not too tasking, just lots of fun, and quite a big game, however we got a bit confused about what game to play and ended up playing bits of all games! not just the story
on 25 January 2010
Having had 2 PC DVDs from different sources which crashed at end of 'Crystal Skull', I was pleased to get my amazon great value purchase AND to find that I could continue the game.

I loved Lego Indy 1, and this one is probably much better and enormously more huge. Great fun value.
on 4 February 2010
This lego game is a bit different from its predicessors - the missions aren't as seperate as before but each chapter has an open area to explore with bonus missions hung off it. Instead of a single (hard to find) red brick per mission, you collect 10 (easier to find) red, green and blue bricks hidden about the play area. Also the minikits don't just make a pretty model to look at - they make a vehicle which can transport you to a bonus level. I play this game with my 5 year old son, who is addicted to the lego series, and he likes it now he's got used to it. I think the change in style threw him initially. The create your own level feature sounded nice but it seems a bit like hard work with the 'cute' UI which has Indy carrying each component into place.
on 4 January 2010
Ace game and this was a great price too. The freeplay, the split screens and the videos make this a must for Indiana Jones fans. Thanks LEGO for a game for kids that is not simply splattering people and has touches of humour for everyone. We had taken the kids to Cambridge museum of anthropology a few weeks before Christmas and were amazed to find it featured in the game!! It seems to run reasonably well on the PC which has a chunky graphics card although we have had a few freezes. Hopefully, we wont get more as the gameplay increases in size!
on 9 August 2012
This is a must have in the Lego collection. Having played all the Star Wars with all three of the grandchildren. Bought no 1 Indiana Jones as well (though not as good as the sequel). ID2 is great with more controls and characters, even build your own level and characters. You have to problem solve quite a lot but helpful hints are given. Great to collect the studs and level up and fly jets, drive armoured cars, race motor bikes over ramps BMX style, detsroy library shelves etc and cars in a classic American Ant Hill Mob style level. Never had so much fun in a long time, as I usually do not play many games, but this is THE exception. This is addictive. Go and buy and join the fun!
VINE VOICEon 17 May 2011
I normally play first person shooters and had never even considered a Lego game until my son had loaded an impressive Lego Star Wars game on his Nintendo DS. I was looking up how to solve a puzzle for him on an internet "walkthrough" and noticed the graphics were different on other platforms.

I bought him this game as an experiment and I was hugely impressed. The graphics are clear, bright, cheerful and detailed. The action is constant and amusing. The violence is cartoon style. Nobody gets hurt. The characters just break up into Lego pieces. Much of the scenery also breaks up. The sounds coming from the PC during play are very funny.

The cut scenes are comic masterpieces based on the films. The Lego characters talk in a sort of mumble and pull faces.

It appeals to any age that can play on a PC, young or old. I look forward to him asking me to help! Additionally, two players can co-operate on a split screen.

It's great value, too. We've been playing for hours and we are only about a third of the way through.

The only downside is that the keyboard controls are awkward, especially for two people. I bought a USB joypad and it transformed the gameplay. In fact, I quickly bought a second joypad, so myself or my son's friends could easily make use of the split screen and play together with him.

Of course, now I want the other Lego games on my PC...
on 30 December 2012
I bought this for the grandsons to use when they visit. It was for the PC so not the format they are used to for games, however all of them (age 7,6 and 4) love playing with it and find it challenging but enjoyable at all times.
on 2 November 2011
My 8yr old girl and 6 yr boy old love this game. There's lots to do and find, loads of different areas to explore and great cut scenes. They were howling with laughter when messing about in the "build your own levels" section. The chance to fight baddies and smash scenery for points is a good point and there's lots of problem solving.
on 3 January 2010
Indy 2 arrived at the door a few weeks ago and is simply awesome. The split screen is cool and for the first time you don't have to drag other players along with you. Great to see the same old humour included, and brief appearances of characters from other Lego adventures. I know some reviewers have bagged it, but I can't see why. You get exactaly what you expect, it's Lego with attitude!! If you want state of the art, real-life, high-def graphics and complex character development then buy something else! If you just want to have some hard case fun with a bit of challenge get this. It's great!