Customer reviews

I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 July 2009
Just got it today, 2 days early. After reading a 2/5 review by my music magazine of choice, Q, I cant understand why they hate it. The opener, leads perfectly into Lamplight. The Chorus is good and very good guitar. Secondly is Evening/Morning, which has a very catchy verse, with good bass and guitar, with a brilliant guitar "I'm ready to owe you anything. Love it! I'm writing this as I listen, so first listen, and all ready think it is the album of the year.

Best track of the album: Dust on the Ground, for the lyrics and the vocals. The most polished track too, by a mile.
on 14 December 2009
This album is just absolutely amazing! Definitely impressive, even better live, and seeing them again soon :).
Evening/Morning was the first song I heard by them, and I was hooked, this was around like, 2 years ago?! I'm glad they've released an album, and I've had it on repeat for the past 3 months!
Definitely a must-buy!
2 people found this helpful
on 8 January 2012
This album literally made my friends Christmas. I have been a long term fan of Bombay Bicycle Club and recently introduced it to a friend who is now a huge fan.
Very quick postage and the CD's were intact!
An amazing band, who I hope to see in concert soon!
on 2 October 2010
One if the best new sounds I've heard. Fantastic. I wouldn't be disappointed if this got stuckin the cd player & was all I could listen to! Do yourself a favour and get it.
on 7 June 2011
I love the Bombay Bicycle Club and this album is really good, especially 'Cancel On Me'. They have a unique style which took a while to grow on me but now i can't get enough! The CD was in mint condition and delivered quickly.
One person found this helpful
on 3 December 2009
Loved this album! Some fantastic tracks like Ghost, Evening Morning, and my favourite, Dust on the ground. Buy it. This and Kasabian are my favourite albums at the minute
2 people found this helpful
on 7 April 2013
This is by far my favourite of their albums. Really great songs. My personal favourite has got to be what if. <3
on 25 April 2010
This album has loads of great beats that stick in your head, a really good listen, it is a complete bargain too, there are no fillers on there just all good songs. Highly recommended.
on 28 August 2010
I heard Bombay Bicycle club on a link from Noah and the Whales on the internet so bought this. I have to say It's not initially as good as there second album but it grows on you.
VINE VOICEon 18 November 2009
When The Strokes arrived on our beaches eight years ago they came soaked in original indie Old Spice; jaggedy songs played by skinny jeans and smelly second hand leather jackets beamed to the noughties direct from their 70's inspired late 80's heyday.
Bombay Bicycle Club seem to have popped into reality from the same ultra-cool wormhole; looking impossibly young and sounding as fresh as only the impossibly young can sound. Jack Steadman has a voice that will - like Dave Gedge and Morrissey before him - alienate some and impassion others, but it absolutely suits BBC's sound; original but with a taste of the old masters (to these ears Television, Joy Division, Blur, Arcade Fire and - on occasion - even Aphex Twin). "I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose" is a perfect album in that it is almost impossible to single out specific tracks as they exist as a whole...no fillers and each a potential highlight in their own right. Joyous and melancholy...I think I've fallen in love.
19 people found this helpful