Customer reviews

Size: Small/Medium Pre-pregnancy UK 8-12|Colour: Nicole|Change

on 2 May 2010
This gown was fab, I was so relieved I didn't have to wear the dodgy hospital one. It looked great, making me feel better. The breast feeding poppers are such a great idea making breast feeding so easy, I kept getting asked questions about where I'd bought it from. 100% cotton, looks pretty and is very comfortable to wear. I was stuck in hospital for a while so I got plenty of use out of it. I'm also intending to use it at home now as a breast feeding nighty as the front poppers are so handy for easy acesss. I would definately recommend this product.
on 1 December 2010
I LOVE this product. What a great idea. Just figures that a couple of mums would have come up with such a good idea. I had my first child without a gownie and had just awful experiences flashing everyone and was so uncomfortable breastfeeding as I had to pull my pyjama top up or down. Very awkward. But I had a Gownie that a friend had recommended for my second child. And what a difference. It is amazing the difference just having the right clothing can make. I didn't have to worry about flashing my backside, or pulling out my boobs. And on top of it all, I could actually have a colour that flattered me. This is a DEFINATE item for a hospital bag. And if you aren't pregnant then get one for your friend that is. She'll thank you for it. It's one of those presents that can really make a difference.
Plus the quality was great, the service was fantastic. I'm just waiting to see what else this creative team comes up with.
on 25 May 2010
I got a lot of use out of my gownie, apart from the great comments on the ward, the feel good factor it gave me and the fact that I had no problem using it even with a drip line in and an unexpected epidural, I was really impressed. It was just so nice to take something from home with me. I'm still using it back at home because its comfortable and roomy whilst everything heals, and is great for breastfeeding at night. Great idea, wish I'd had one for my first pregnancy.
on 20 May 2011
Just like the company says my gownie was very pretty and it actually made me feel like myself when I went into hospital and not just another mother going into labour with a hospital gown on. I eventually took it off as I had a water birth but it went straight back on after I came out of the birthing pool. It also meant that I actually looked quite nice in all my mother and new born photos. Definitely recommend it for you or even as a gift for someone else!
on 6 August 2010
I have bought one of these each time one of my friends get pregnant as a gift for them and every time each one has been thoroughly thrilled with it. I think these Labour Gownies are such a unique gift and having used one myself when delivering my daughter, I know it is something they will use and enjoy, I always feel excited to give one!
Top quality, washes beautifully, couldn't be more pleased.
on 6 June 2011
A lifesaver!
I bought this for my hospital bag and it was absolutely brilliant, I'm not sure I would have felt properly covered in my hubbys tshirt (what I was intending taking with me!)
Its my first baby so I didnt know what to expect and this really helped me cope with all the tooings and frooings on the ward. Definitely recommend them.
on 20 May 2011
Just in the last stage of preparing for the birth of my 2nd child and looking forward to wearing the pretty Nicole Gown. Very happy with delivery and the quality of the gown, great idea that was recommended by a friend.
on 6 October 2011
I bought two of these gowns in the same size and the one is a bit smaller than the other. They are beautifully made and look and feel great, except the one is a bit tight fitting.
on 16 May 2011
Bought 2 of these for the delivery of my daughter at the recommendation of my friend who had used 1 for her babies birth. So happy I did, the prints are so pretty and these gowns have snaps in the back so you are totally covered plus they have snaps in the front so after delivery I wore my 2nd one and could breastfeed really easily, without fiddling around.
I never would have thought to buy one if it wasn't for my friend, it just feels so much better than the hospital provided ones. They wash fantastic, the colours stay bright and all the hospital staff were asking me where I purchased them from.
Great idea, mine are packed away now for hopefully next time! Thank you so much!
on 4 December 2014
I don't usually review things but...these are definitely the best thing I bought for coping with labour, they are so pretty and discreet, and cover up everything!!!
They wash so nicely, I would buy 2 because thats just, well, what you need for before, during and after.

I felt so nice wearing this and was pleased that after I had given birth I was not super 'exposed' in the recovery ward. There is so much to be said for 'feeling relaxed' when you are having a baby. It helps more than anything to get you in 'the zone'.

All the medical staff thought they were fabulous and they could do everything they needed to do as it has lots of poppers and openings.

I've had 2 babies now and these gowns look like new every time, nothing else in my labour bag gave me as much pleasure as these crisp pretty gowns (I have the pink ones). Once its all over, wash and stow away and forget about them.....until the next time maybe : ))))!!

See one answered question