on 20 January 2011
There is of course no really easy way to learn Bulgarian, with its three genders and a different alphabet, but this book and set of DVD's is certainly the best and easiest we have come across. We bought it from a bookshop whilst on holiday in Bulgaria (we have a holiday home there and really want to learn enough of the language to get by) and were so impressed we bought a second copy through Amazon when we got back to the UK so my wife and I can study independently. The main approach is conversations between people in various relevant settings and the interplay between the book and the DVD's means you are learning to read, speak and listen to Bulgarian all at the same time. Excellent value for money.
on 20 September 2014
I visited Bulgaria this summer and loved the place. I am determined to try and learn the language. The presentation by Dimitar Georgiev and Lilia Doncheva is well done. I recommend it to any one trying to learn the language.
on 10 March 2016
bought yesterday strolling thro book [ slavyakov ] market sofia...[no postage]...immediately noticed grammar / pronunciation clearly explained and More Advanced than complete beginners book [eg the good Teach Yourself books] and make comprehensible other materials [the also good FSI language courses rendered unfriendly to use in CD ROM format. But you may find no need for other material at all for learning Bulg as it does start from basics ...up to advanced...unless wish to be expert , phonology, v. intensive grammar etc. CDs good and important.
on 20 February 2016
Book is fine, because I have a partner who can explain things to me. The CD's that come with this are just a joke. It's two people simply just reading stuff with no explanation or detail at all. Very low quality.
on 27 October 2011
The book and accompanying CD's were exactly what I ordered and are great. The bad thing is that the book was delivered with a smashed in corner and cd cases that were broken. Being that it was a slow boat from Europe to get my stuff (book not available from Amazon's US Website), I wasn't willing to return. A hefty $74 US dollars price....was expecting it to be mint when I got it, and it wasn't. Improve your packaging methods because they don't suffice. Thanks.
on 20 June 2016
Bought for my son - he is very happy with the product
on 9 January 2016
Just what I wanted. Bulgarski ezik mnogo truden!
on 4 August 2014