on 19 January 2012
This is a beautifully crafted and robust leather briefcase. Stunning in its simplicity, and logically constructed, with two large main compartments and two front pockets. It's amazing how many other briefcase-type bags are unintuitively laid out; not the case (bah-dum-bum-tshhh) with this one! The inner sections are sturdy but not overly padded, allowing you to rest easy knowing your stuff is safe while not having to compromise on space.

I went for the chestnut colour, which is vintage-esque and has a slight sheen to it. Perfect size too - will fit A4 folders and/or laptop, and the fact that there are two compartments means that you can store your sandwiches and banana on one side without them getting squashed.

Dare I say, it's a unisex item - I (female) bought it for a new job, and it screams "TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!!" but not "GIVE ME A WIDE BERTH!!". It's elegant, but nevertheless still casual enough not to scream "STEAL ME!!".

And last but not least, it seems to weigh considerably less than some of its (more expensive) rivals; not to mention being half the price. Quite simply: an all-round great buy.
on 9 January 2016
I needed a classic, classy, durable, and reasonably capacious (but decently discreet) smart bag for work purposes. I've previously had extremely expensive alternatives which were very nice, but I didn't want to spend quite as much on this occasion. Having read the reviews, I risked ordering this. I'm glad I did. The design, quality, usability and appearance is top notch. My single concern when ordering was that (as some had commented) the bag would be overly shiny. It wasn't. The leather has a deep lustre which doesn't photograph very well but which, in the flesh, is absolutely right for the style.

Very, very highly recommended.
on 15 January 2012
Bought as a christmas gift for my dear husband. Absolutely fabulous! I was worried as a reviewer had said their 14 inch dell laptop did not fit however that is utter rubbish! My husbands 15 inch dell laptop fits perfectly and it is spacious enough to allow for other bits too. Maybe the 14 inch was a widescreen which would then make sense. Definitely as stylish purchase for your loved ones!! x
on 19 November 2013
I bought this as an early xmas pressie for my husband and he loves it. (He's had a dated briefcase for so long and this is so much more modern.) It's really spacious. He's a teacher and carries a lot of text books as well as the kids books for marking and everything fits with room to spare. It also holds his laptop, numerous pens etc, phone and his lunch. He hasn't used the shoulder strap yet as he feels it might look a bit like a satchel. The bag is very well made, beautiful leather that smells great. The stitching looks good and strong. It arrived within a week of me ordering it (we live in Greece) and it was incredibly well packaged, it even had a lovely 'dust-cover' outer bag.
My husband is VERY happy with his bag. I think the price is really reasonable for such quality. Highly recommend it.
on 6 February 2014
Pros - Very sturdy, well made, lots of space, the photos here don't do that justice.

Cons - My bag, like another reviewer, is very shiny but I'm sure that will dull down during use. The colour I had, Cognac Brown, is a lot more red than the picture shows. When I put this next to my other leather brown messenger bag, it looks a lot more more dark red than brown.

At the end of the day it wouldn't put me off buying another one, definitely worth the money.
on 3 February 2013
This is a top quality product that was delivered free of charge within two days of order. I wanted a bag to replace the one provided by work, which is a bog standard black bag. I needed it to carry a laptop, power supply, phones & chargers and A4 presentation folder. It houses all of these with plenty of room to spare and with the added bonus of looking really smart and stylish.

If you are considering purchasing this briefcase, do not hesitate, you will not regret it. If I were to have one gripe, it would be that the briefcase in the picture looks like it has a matt finish, whereas mine has a shiny finish. It's only a minor issue, but it's one that I can easily live with.
on 17 April 2012
I've never paid over £100 for a briefcase before (always gone cheapo leatherette and other such man made horrors) but this is well worth the money for the lovely leathery smell alone! Also for its capacious interior- easily swallows laptop and charger with room for several A4 files too. Only had it a couple of months but looks and feels like it will last for years. Recommended without hesitation.
on 29 July 2016
Amazing bag. As a "businessman" that carries around a laptop, power supply, numerous phones, cables, notepads, stationary, medications, etc on a daily basis - this bag is absolutely perfect. Beautifully finished leather, has a great smell to it. The fasteners are well-made and very secure, and the adjustable shoulder strap is handy too (whilst also being removable).

The leather is a lovely almost burgundy red/brown, and I would hasten to add - that if you're looking for shoes to match this bag, Barker's burgundy leather uppers are a perfect match.

I use this bag daily, it's heavily packed, and have been no signs of wear or tear in the 11 months I've been using it daily.
on 29 December 2010
I got this as a Christmas present and it's really very high quality and a nice size. The laptop pouch fits a 15" MacBook Pro perfectly...well as long as you don't want to use a neoprene sleeve
on 13 July 2015
High quality product that is well made and looks the business. Only downsides are that its fairly heavy being leather, so with laptop in it, it's quite weighty. Leather is a bit prone to scuffs as you would expect, but adds to patina.