on 26 May 2010
At first this seemed a nice bag. Have now had it just 11 months and the stitching has broken down on one side of the top carry handle. The retailer, The Hand Bag Shop, were very terse upon receipt of my complaint and refused point-blank to consider a repair leave alone a replacement. They even accused me of misuse! Not happy.
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2011
It is just what I expected: natural leather laptop bag at an affordable price. Elegant design and plenty of space to put laptop plus some documents or other items, with enough compartments for everything you need.
on 8 August 2011
It's really very high quality, beautiful and stylish Laptop bag and a nice size. Well processed laptop pouch fits only for 13" MacBook Air, which is a shame.
on 28 September 2012
The Ashwood Heavy Duty "Gareth" briefcase is very smart. Nice leather with robust handles and catches. Very smart interior and exactly as described on the web site details.

I chose this model as I wanted a briefcase and a laptop carrier. The "Gareth" will hold any paperwork, pens etc as well as a 15.6" widescreen laptop plus mouse and leads. Whilst this size lap top will fit into the briefcase it will not fit into the separate pouch but this is not a problem as the pouch is removable and the inside of the briefcase is soft enough and protected for the laptop. A normal size laptop will fit into the removable pouch.

More than happy with this case and not only have one myself but have bought as presents for others.
on 29 September 2012
I bought mine around 6 months ago for meetings etc. Nice thick leather, good design and the interior is nicely padded.

I read the one star review and possibly the suppliers did to, because the customer service was excellent - the clip on the strap broke and they were very good and replaced it without any fuss. So far nothing else looks like going and it seems to be wearing in very nicely.

If anything else goes on it I will be back to change the rating. Otherwise, yes, I'm very happy with it and would recommend it.
on 15 February 2013
Definately 5 starts from me. A lovely bag, with just the right capacity for me. A very good price for a well crafted piece.
on 30 January 2015
Stitching broke on the carry handle although the supplier was helpful in getting it fixed. However when it was returned in a mended condition, there was damage to the case. The supplier offered a full refund so I got a new one. Now, within only a few months the stitching between the two pockets on the front has come apart. Nice looking bag - just poorly made!
on 25 November 2013
I gave this to my husband as a present and he is very pleased with it. It holds a lot, has plenty of compartments, and looks smart. He does have to make sure it's out of the reach of our cats, however, as they used his previous briefcase to sharpen their claws!
on 13 May 2013
I bought for my hubby! He loves it!
The bag is very spacious and well made holding lots of paper work and laptop! It is still in one piece (3 weeks usage)
Super speedy delivery from seller!
I will buy again from this seller!
on 8 August 2016
Excellent quality. Multiple sections for storage